The "Seed War" (Part 2)

The last missing piece of this is the reason human beings NEED to be FULLY human. There is another prophecy concerning the lineage of the messiah, this being he will come from the lineage of King David (2 Samuel 7:12).Again, how is the messiah supposed to eventually appear on the earth born to human parents from the lineage of David if the world becomes overrun by non human beings? It can't happen, and when God sees this occurring, he knows that if he allows it to continue any longer, satan's plans may just come to fruition, but because God is not a liar but fulfills every word he speaks, he put an end to those plans by wiping out the serpent's "seed" restoring the hope he gave humanity for a coming messiah, truly showing his love and mercy for mankind.

I first touched upon this idea that God's act of judgement was truly an act of mercy and love towards humanity in the third part of this study by showing that God waited millennia before acting. He waited for the inhabitants of the world to change their ways and come to repentance, "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). He only acts in judgement when his "cup" is "full" and the transgressions of mankind must be paid for in full (Romans 2:5, Revelation 14:10).

He is a merciful and loving God both in the Old and New Testaments, whether we believe this to be the case or not doesn't matter because he judges from HIS knowledge and understanding, not ours. Imagine if we were able to take a look at the situation in ealry Genesis and decide if the world should be flooded. From our limited point of view, killing is wrong and the world shouldn't be wiped out. This viewpoint itself isn't wrong but it really only accounts for the "now". This decision fails to miss the ramifications of what the outcome could bring in the distant future simply because the insight to judge such an action isn't there. Based on the aforementioned viewpoint, God would have left the world alone and humanity would have been wiped out from the face of the earth due to satan and his angels as well as mankind's involvement. Noah and his family would never have been saved and the world wouldn't be repopulated with humans of a "pure" gene pool meaning, no messiah, no Jesus, no atonement of sins. It would have all been over before it really even began.

In the last part of this study, I want to look at the implications that this has on our current world. Now that we've examined the flood story and we know what it's about, you might be thinking "Ok, so why does this matter to me now?". Although in this day and age, there aren't giants running around or an impending flood we should worry about, Jesus makes a confusing and in my opinion "brave" remark about what people of the distant future should expect in Matthew 24:37-39 that we will be looking into in the next article, "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be".

I'll leave you with one last verse that I believe summarizes the "theme" of what this study's about,

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places", (Ephesians 6:12)