The Ball

Y/N's POV:
Flashback
" Y/N, pick a formal dress. We're going to a ball tonight." My uncle Thomas Jefferson explained. " Really? A fancy ball?" I said. " Yes, but no foolishness! This is an important night for me and my future career." He said. " Sally! Oh Sally!" Sally, a lady who worked for him, appeared in his office. " Yes, sir?" " What's the time? Y/N needs to get ready for the ball, will you help her?"
Uncle explained. " It's quarter past six. Y/N, lets go pick out a dress and I'll do your hair." Sally led me to my bedroom. I picked a soft, blue dress and Sally helped me put it on. Even though i'm only 9, I had to put a tight corset on, ( which I normally don't do,) and wear this to the ball to look formal. Sally helped my hair look fluffy and nice, then I met my uncle downstairs so we could go to the ball.
In the carriage, uncle started complaining." I wonder if that blasted Hamilton will be there." "I know you both are mean to each other, but tonight's about fun and you figuring out your future." I said. " Smart kid." Uncle laughed.

We arrived at the ball rather quickly. The first person to greet us was none other than Alexander Hamilton, as ironic as that sounds. " Oh look. This BALL just became a BARN when you walked in, Jefferson." Alexander's attention suddenly snapped to me. "And who might you be..?" Alex questioned. " Uncle! You've never mentioned me!" " I was simply kidding. Alexander said. "Y/N, I hope you're nothing like him." I giggled awkwardly. A lady wearing a blue dress with dark hair and a cute boy with her walked over. " Hello! Thomas, is this   Y/N? I'm Eliza, nice to meet you! This is Phillip! He just turned nine." Eliza gestured to the cute boy standing next to her. He had adorable curly hair, freckles, and sparkling green eyes. He was slightly taller than me. "I just turned nine a while ago, too!" I exclaimed. " Why don't you two run off and play outside in the garden." Eliza said. Alexander and uncle started to protest, but they ended up letting Eliza win.
Me and Phillip walked outside. "So, what are your hobbies?" I tried to bubble up conversation. " Oh, I play piano, sing, and I like poetry." " Really? I like poetry too!" ( side note: if you don't like poetry, pretend you do lol) "I have a feeling we are going to be great friends, Y/N!" Phillip laughed.