10

Nickis pov*

As we pull into the parking lot of the restaurant which was none other then Olive Garden, our dad  turns to us and says "We're here! Guys hurry on out we have a reservation." We all file out if the car and follow our dad to the restaurants doors Jeffory was the first one in and was already speaking to a waitress by the time the rest of us were shuffling through the door. " okay guys right this way." One of the waitress's told us as she walked to a table at the back of the restaurant. We all sat down me beside Zane, Katelyn next to jeffory and dad at the head of the table. Then Jeffery began to speak "Order whatever you want it's on me today!" Everyone looked at him wide eyed "Jeffory no that's too much." My dad said but Jeffory declined his offer and insisted on paying "I want unlimited breadsticks!" I stated "Nicki those are free." Jeffory said
"Well then your lucky, I'm cheap!" I stated as everyone else burst out laughing. The waiter came over and took our drink and food orders and while we were waiting everyone was having their own separate conversations dad Katelyn and Jeffory were talking about school and graduation while me and Zane just sat awkwardly around each other while giving each other side glance while blushing like crazy. When the food got here everyone stoped talking in groups and started talking all together.  While my dad and Jeffory were talking Katelyn turned to us and said "are you guys like dating or what?" Zane stuttered out "N-no why are you asking!" "No reason." Katelyn said slyly. Jeffory turned back to us and said "Why are you both bright red?" Asked Jeffory "um- were n-not." I say and then stuff my mouth with a bread stick so no one could ask me any questions.

After the meal Jeffory paid the waiter and we all got back into the car "thank you for having me." Zane spoke "your very welcome Zane, it was a pleasure." My dad commented as he pulled out of the restaurant drive way. The rest of the drive home was almost silent except for the radio which was on a low volume, my dad was tapping the steering wheel with his fingers and Katelyn was staring out of the window I look over at Zane to see him twiddling his thumbs in his lap I then reached over and grabbed one of his hands and took it in my own.

*Zanes Pov*
I was sitting in the back seat of the van with Nici twiddling my thumbs when she reached over and took my hand in hers, it felt nice and warm, it felt right.
When we pulled into the driveway of their house we all filed out of the car and everyone but me and Nicki went inside. "Hey would you like to go to my place?" I asked her "ya actually I would." She replied, I grabbed her hand and we walked down the road to my house where I lead her back into the garden to the bench we sat on previously earlier, "Zane, thank you for coming with me." She said while staring into the dirt I speak saying  "thank you Nicki for taking me, I don't do much with anyone anymore since well, I don't have many friends." "Zane we can be friends, even best friends if you want." She says looking up at me " that would be great." I say looking up at the sun that has started to set making the scenery around glow with an orangish tinge.

—time skip 2  months later ——

Nickis pov*

It was June and Katelyn and Jeffory and Garroth were graduating! I was excited but sad as my sister wasn't going to be here at pheniox drop high anymore. I was currently getting ready to go to the graduation ceremony with my family, Jeffory and the Ro'meves, I was wearing a white knee length dress that was tight around the top and flew out around the waist and was decorated with light pastel pink flowers all over the skirt.
Katelyn was currently wearing a floor length powder blue dress with sequence around the top and a slit at the bottom that ran up above her knee. Me and Katelyn were standing on the top of the stairs waiting to be called down by our dad to meet the boys, Katelyn was going with Jeffory to the graduation and then to the after grad party with the rest of the seniors, Garroth was going too but with Laurence they were wearing matching tuxes with different coloured bow ties Jeffory was wearing a tux with a powder blue tie to match katelyns dress. After a few more minutes of me and Katelyn waiting at the top of the stairs my dad called up the stairs to the two of us.

"Okay girls, we are all ready for you."

____________________________

Thank you for reading my book!

Sorry for the lack of updates but I am having a bit of writers block so if you have a suggestion please leave a comment (and a vote please!)

Read on my little potato army!
-Author~chan❤️💜