Chapter 4: Panic

After dinner I went straight to bed. I almost immediately fall asleep.

I open my eye and immediately sit up when I realize that everything is black and white. Bill...

"Hello, Garbage!" He yells from behind me.

I turn, and he materializes from the wall.

"B-Bill?"

"No, it's Grandma! Who else did you expect?!" Bill shouts.

I shrink back, whatever courage I had before was gone.

"Not so strong, huh? Well, perfect. Do you know why I like humans so much?"

I shake my head.

"It is because their bodies can withstand pain. And you know, pain is hilarious. But that is besides the point, they need certain things."

My body starts shaking as tears form in my eyes.

"Geez, you're like Will... Anyways, help me name a few things that humans need. Go ahead, tell me a few facts."

"Uh, food, heat, clothing..."

"The last is optional, but okay... You're missing a huge one!" his eye changes, so I assume that he is smiling at me.

"Air?" I ask, puzzled why this was important.

"Bingo! Air! And do you know what happens when humans can't get air?"

"They die," I state quietly.

"You could go on a game show!" he exclaims, my breath hitches and I know something is wrong. "And since you are now somewhat human... you also need air!!"

I turn and look around. I am back in the real world, but the doors and windows are air tight. My ears catch his voice in my head.

"I have made airtight seals around the room and depleted about half of the oxygen in the room. Maybe this will teach you not to tell family secrets!" he shouts with glee in my head.

My eyesight gets blurry and a killer headache erupts. As I try to reach for the door it gets farther away, but then I reach it. I try to turn the knob, but it was locked from the outside. The lack of air was making my thoughts fuzzy and I couldn't think straight to use my magic. Everything went black and I felt my body fall and hit the ground.

(Dipper's POV)

I woke up, smelling breakfast in the kitchen. My feet shuffle down the stairs and I see Mabel sitting at the table. Grunkle Stan is making breakfast and Grunkle Ford walks in reading a book.

"Have you guys seen Willa yet?" I ask.

They all shake their heads and Grunkle Stan moves a few pancakes to a plate.

"Alright, well I'm going to go wake her up and tell her breakfast is ready."

I head down the hallway and I knock on the door. No one answered.

"Willa?"

No answer, that's odd. I jiggle the handle, it's locked. It locks from the outside... how did she locked it? I unlock the door and open it, but something is in the way. My eyes look down and I see Willa's black and yellow hair against the door. I apologize as I push open the door and kneel down to look at her. She is unconscious and barely breathing.

"Grunkle Ford! Grunkle Stan! HELP!!" I yell.

The two come running down the hall. Grunkle Ford pushes me out of the way and grabs Willa. He then goes down to the basement with her.