0.8

Mark got home and the first person he saw was his father. 

"You're home early, dad."

"No, you're just home late. What were you doing?" His father was suspicious. 

"Just driving around. Clearing my head." Mark shrugged.

"Mhm sure." His father glared, "You have a girlfriend?"

"No, no I don't." Mark laughed. 

"A boyfriend?" His father grabbed his arm and pulled him close. His breath smelled horrible. 

"Did you brush your teeth this morning?" Mark said without thinking, "Your breath could kill."

"Answer my question. Now!" His father tighten grip on his arm, "You're close with a lot of boys aren't you? Jaebum, Bambam, Jinyoung, and Yugyeom. When is the last time you had a close friend that was a girl? Do you even look at girls?" 

"I'm not seeing anyone." Mark glared, he wiggled his arm out of his father's grasp. 

"I don't believe you." 

"Really? Why would I lie to you about that." Mark was tired of this. 

"Who drove you home last night?"

Mark's eyes widen, "W-what?" 

"You heard me." 

"It was a teacher who saw me walking home, okay? Besides why does it matter anyway, I'm 18. I give you money for rent and other bills. I'm not dependent on you." Mark sneered. 

"Then why don't you just move out already? You're so independent." 

"Why don't I? Maybe because you and mom fight all of the time recently and I'm worried about both of you. Maybe it's because you've gotten to the age where your injury is affecting your work. Maybe it's because mom is drinking again and I'm worried about her drinking away her life again. Maybe, just maybe I'm still here because I love and care about both of you!" Mark screamed and went up to his room, he slammed the door. 

His father was frozen in place. 

He just stood there.

Wondering when he became the way he was. Wondering why he fussed at Mark like that, why did he question Mark like that. Regardless of who Mark loved, he would still love him. Regardless of anything, he would still love his son. 

So why did he snap? 

And most importantly, 

When did Mark become so strong?

'I love you, son. I'm sorry.'