002 - tear

tear
《 ter 》
noun
a drop of clear salty liquid secreted from glands in a person's eye when they cry or when the eye is irritated.

IRENE
Tears. They fall every single moment. It's like my daily routine. I'm sick of this, I want that heaviness to disappear, and it does. It just seeps away, and disappears like that.

The pain that is above me when I wake up, move, sleep or every single moment I make. It follows me. It drives me mad from the point I almost wished I never met him. But I never did. I always loved him.

I'm just tired.

JIN
I want to protect her and make her happy. But she never is. Smiling in front of cameras and suddenly the smile vanquishes and in replace of it is red eyes, a sad look, and eye bags.

I can see it in her, she wants to forget it. But why can't she? Just why?

IRENE
I get up, I push open the door, away from the studio. I wish I could easily push away everything. Just like how I pushed away that door.

I remember so vividly of her whispering into my ear and saying so viciously "Your not perfect, your just some stupid little girl wanting a boyfriend, you don't know how to play at this game."

She closed her little mouth and smirked. I never liked that word. The word matches the meaning so well. The way it's shaped and carefully chosen with those selected letters makes me think of her smirking at me, with that victorious look in her eye.

The tears they fall again just like always. They're still falling. No matter how hard I try, how much perseverance I put in, they still fall. It's like a cycle going over and over again, and never stopping.

JIN
I see her again this time crying in front of the public. For the many little eyes to see, for them to reflect, decide, hate, and so much more. I know Irene knows better than this but instead she's here crying.

"Irene?" I say wiping the tears quickly away from her eyes. Her eyes move up towards my face. A slow smile appears on her face, one I know too well. It's a fake one, like the ones seen before in the public.

"Jin, no matter how much I try tears still fall out." She replies with every single part of her trembling. I embrace her to stop the tears and the pain just hoping for once the pain will disappear.

IRENE
The tight embrace warms me. It gives me a sense of comfort, calm, and wipes away the thoughts of him for a short moment. Jin removes his hands away and I'm left alone again, but I'm wrong. Jin's still standing there waiting for me.

He smiles one of his warm smiles and speaks "Irene lets get ice cream." For once I'm not crying, but instead standing in front of Jin with a true smile on my face.

JIN
She's smiling now, but this time it isn't fake. It's a true smile, one with her eyes shining with happiness. I really wish she could be like this everyday so I don't need to be a bystander and the person comforting her.

IRENE
Footsteps slowly grew louder by the second. The shadows hidden by the darkness slowly reveals him.  He has a shocked face on him and he stutters out a "Jin?"

Jin knows him. Of course he knows him, why wouldn't he. "Taehyung?" Jin raises an eyebrow as he questions him. I feel so desperate right now, wanting to run away. I feel so lost and I don't what to do. Tears trickle down my face making its way to hard wooden floor.

There I am again, crying like usual. The confusion overwhelms me but seeing him fights that confusion and puts me in a state of crying again. When I finally stopped, I finally felt happy just for a short while. He ruins it.

JIN
I never knew the guy who broke Irene's heart. But I saw the small tiny crystal tears falling out of her pretty little eyes, I realized it was him. He was right in front of me and I was so stupid to not be able to realize.

I don't react, I'm just shocked on how a kind loving and cheerful guy heart her. She's so kind though, she works hard and tries to be happy for her members. In the end, someone still has the audacity to hurt her.

IRENE
My mind can't process anything right now. I feel lightheaded and tired of seeing, thinking of him. Standing there with her, smiling so vivaciously and so happy. He's so happy while I'm not, it's not fair.

I've never understood the concept of cheating. Doesn't the person cheating feel guilty for hurting the other person? Or do they feel unsure if the person actually cares about them.

A happy smile appears on my face but it doesn't compliment the sad, lonely look in my eyes. It destroys it. I wipe it off immediately and replace it with my tears. I'm tired and sick on this repeating cycle.