011 - facade

facade
《 fəˈsäd 》
noun
an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

IRENE
I'm falling everyday, every second is ruining my life. I know my members see it too. But they mask it, like the mask everything else and put on a splendid facade for the world to see. I know people say it's ruthless or harsh to cloud the society's eyes with lies and rumors.

But is there anything we can do?

They want the perfect image and we give it. We give it to them with a facade.

It's just like how I'm in front of them, lost in world that are filled with lies and misery.

But here's the dilemma, I still love both of them.

JIN
I try not to let my words falter. Remember Kim Seokjin, she knows, she always knows.

"Right here Jisoo."

I can feel her smile right through the phone, "That's great!"

"So where should we have this rendezvous?"

I bite my tongue, it's shakiness still evident. I take a small breath, one that she wouldn't be able to detect and I speak "Anywhere. We could even go to Paris if you want."

Once again her melodious voice fills my empty heart. I love her voice, but sadly the public doesn't appreciate it enough. I love her persona, the way she holds herself proudly like there's nothing that can stop her.

"Paris? Really Oppa?"

I smile and close my eyes, "Yes, Paris."

"Paris?" Her voice sounds skeptical and little doubting but who says we can't go to Paris?

"Yup."

"Let's go!"

IRENE
I lie on my bed. The white duvet once pristine and straight is now filled with ugly creases. But I love it, I love the worn outness of it. It gives me a sense of comfort that new things aren't always amazing.

I hear a knock. Two knocks. Three knocks.

Then the door opens, revealing my four dongsaengs each tumbling in one by one.

Seulgi plops down on my bed, eyes filled with worry "Unnie ah, you've been like this for a while. Are you sure you're okay?"

"You've been isolating yourself as well. Is there something wrong." Wringing her fingers, Wendy looks at me with evident worry and emotion.

I turn to my side and ignore them. It's not like I don't love them, this is not the time for me to talk. I just want to be alone and wallow in my little thoughts. The girls keep asking me questions and the words fly out of my mouth that are filled with anger and remorse:

"Can you guys just shut up! Please, I need to be alone right now!"

Seulgi looks down, sadness flooding her face and she smiles "It's alright, lets go."

My dongsaengs walk out and I don't believe the moments that had just occurred. What did I do? When I needed these girls most, I pushed them away.

And in a moment when I didn't need this, I began crying. The feeling filled with depressing thoughts. I felt I was going to fall and be welcomed by Charon to take me to the underworld.

JIN
I watched the airplane fly away, away to my wonderland.

Jisoo looks at me with animate eyes and as she stares at the Eiffel Tower in awe, I smile, a melancholic smile. She doesn't see it, I hope I didn't ruin her bliss.

It's cause she's all I have right now.

A/N
I can't believe this, we are so close to 1,000 views! Thank you so much for all you guys reading my book. I really didn't expect that a lot of people would bother and read it. So thank you!
- confuzzledbear_