003 - perfect

perfect
《 ˈpərfikt 》
adjective
having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

IRENE
Being perfect is quite biased. There is no such thing as perfection because perfection derives from the person's perspective.

Just like him. He said she was perfect. But in my perspective she was a witch. Like the sea witch of The Little Mermaid. That girl pampered herself to give her a beautiful image. But underneath was a ugly woman.

In my eyes, there is no such thing as inhumane perfection. It depends on the onlooker's ideals and perspective of what is a perfect human.

In the current society, us humans, believe that a woman must be perfect with a slim body. The only reason this ideal is cemented in many young women's eyes is because of a human's ideal.

Why is that woman could only be perfect with a slim body? Why is that he left me when I've been praised that I was perfect all my life. Months of wondering, I had came to the conclusion that being perfect is biased.

My questions led me to a moment of silence from my tears. I continued dwelling on the biased facts of life. But it was also a contradiction towards my own face, being constantly praised for my perfect looks but in reality I noticed a lot bad things I disliked about myself. Suddenly, a person's voice awoke me from my thoughts.

I looked up it was, Jin.

JIN
I wanted to surprise Irene. I wanted her to smile since he made her depressed again. My hands held a plastic bag filled with vegetables and other culinary items.

I was going to cook her a delicious, warm, home cooked meal. Before I would go find Irene, and she was probably leaning against a wall, I had to first drop off the groceries.

As I arrived back at my dorm, I headed straight to the kitchen and took out all the groceries I had bought today.

IRENE
When I saw him, my mind riveted towards his bright smile and handsome face. I was happy that he was here and alive. I was thankful for him being there and helping me.

My face broke into a small smile. The smile felt so foreign to my cheeks because I hadn't smiled for so long. For once, in these few months I was actually joyful.