xvii. A Cinderella Story

〖 chapter seventeen ⋆ a cinderella story 〗

chapter seventeen a cinderella story

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Garrett's eyes were closed as he rested his head on Peter's shoulder. The subway hummed as it transported them to the closest stop near his house. It was finally time for his happiness, the rush and the adrenaline, to end as he returned home to meet his parents. No doubt that the school contacted them since it was noticeable that he was cutting classes after his great proclamation, and no doubt that they told his parents what this great confession was.

He was gay. He was so terribly gay and that wasn't a problem. His sexuality wasn't a problem or an illness, no matter what his father thought. He was free; he was himself and he was free. He would live a lie no longer, the mask of the Golden Boy would be crushed underneath his feet. Maybe he would create a real mask and burn it, grinning like a mad-man the whole time.

But Garrett was tired. It was around nine and he had spent the whole rest of the day since lunch out with his friends, including Peter. They went for some celebratory ice cream first, then to the movies – Clayton paying for all of them – and to dinner after that. He held Peter's hand out in public, he blushed at his friend's questioning.

"I never expected you to fall for the nerdy type," Tatiana admitted, "I mean, I knew you might have a small crush on Peter, it was obvious that he definitely had one on you, but I never thought you'd do anything about it. Thought you'd go after one of the more burly guys."

Garrett had rolled his eyes at that, "I'm full of surprises, aren't I?"

He felt a pair of lips on the top of his head and his own lips quipped upwards into a smile. If it had been months ago – hell, even earlier today – he probably wouldn't shifted immediately and told Peter off. Affection in public was not allowed, what if someone saw? What if someone knew them and they saw and they knew? What if...?

But all those were gone from his mind. He was glad to feel the pair on his forehead, calming him down more. "Time to wake up," Peter whispered, "It's your stop."

Opening his eyes, he stood up and looked at Peter. "You coming over tonight?"

Shaking his head, Peter looked at him apologetically. "Sorry, I've got to patrol and study for Spanish."

"Ah, the hated Spanish class that you will totally fail if you don't study for," Garrett teased, a smile gracing his features that made Peter smile back up at him. "Give me a kiss at least."

Complying, Peter stood up to give him one last kiss before pushing Garrett away so that he would leave the train. Giggling – giggling, something Garrett Lockwood had never done before – he grabbed his bag and left the train before leaving the subway stop as well.