xix - inevitable

𝙽 𝙰 𝙼 𝙹 𝙾 𝙾 𝙽

THE NEXT HOURS have probably gone haywire. Jin and Hoseok have started shuffling through the drawers at the counter, opening and closing them while I rummage through the kitchen drawers. When I didn't find anything, I heave a sigh and leave going back to the two.

"I really have a bad feeling about this," Jin says after pushing a drawer close. "We've only had an argument and then she disappeared, just like that?"

"This is driving me crazy, hyung," Hoseok sighs.

"I told you already. She almost makes a scene all the time that just about slows everything down—"

"Guys," a moment later Jin is already bending down behind the counter. "Take a look at this."

Hoseok and I exchange glances before following up behind. "What did you find?" I query.

"You won't believe this."

I lean forward to see him holding a memory card. Hoseok lets out a laugh. "Does that mean a thing to break into? No? You've got to be kidding!"

Jin ignores the younger, looking at me. "Joon."

"Hm?"

"Check the cameras," he tells me.

"Uh, what do you mean?"

"The CCTV," he pokes my arm as he rolls his eyes in playful annoyance. "Dork."

"You didn't say CCTV though, but whatever," I stand on my feet and start to look for any cameras hiding in the corner of the ceiling.

"You know what, hyung," Hoseok says, "sometimes I question myself if you really have that high intelligence—"

"Don't get me started," I tell him when something catches my attention. "Oh, look what we've got here." I pull a chair nearby then take a step on it, before grabbing the attached camera. This gotta be something, I thought as I stare at the small, dark material in my hand.

"You see any light?"

I turn my head over my shoulder, seeing Jin now behind me, holding the memory card. "Unfortunately, no."

"Have you checked the monitors?" he calls out; I thought he was referring to me, but to Hoseok. Just in time, Hoseok's head pops out from the doorway leading to the kitchen.

"Monitors dead," he says. "You can't expect the lines are still working after many years."

Jin sighs. "I was just hoping I was right."

"But you weren't. Everyone else is dead."

Yet we just shouldn't jump into conclusions, I thought. Omega proved that to me. Although . . . Where could that be now?

"Did any of them call yet?"

I shake my head, "I hope they have a lead where Omega is now. Time's running. And you saw how the creatures are. Day by day they're getting stronger. Nothing's stopping them."

After a moment of thinking, Jin nods in approval. "You're right. We gotta move quick," he ushers me to follow him to the counter. "I've got an idea. I'll try transferring the memory card's data to my tablet and see if it works. Then we'll look into it if it has anything that involved with the apocalypse ."

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺