xxxiii - deception

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺

"MARK, THE DOORS!" Jackson orders as soon as all of us made it inside. I catch Mark's hues glow red as they focus on the doors; they closed shut on their own before the creatures could get in. Countless pairs of hands that drip of blood slam onto the glass. The faint sound of thuds and eerie noises can be heard even here from outside.

I only realize a few moments later that we are in utter darkness that the only thing I can make out are Omega's kaleidoscope orbs and Mark's red ones that are still glowing. I can hear everyone panting, as clear as I can hear mine, our heavy breathing filling the entire room.

"Is everyone fine?" asks Omega. Almost everyone responds a yes. "Let's infiltrate the place."

"Lead the way, Jaebum," says Jackson.

"On it," Jaebum answers.

In the blink of an eye, a flicker of light ignites from nowhere, making me gasp, including Jimin. I scan the area, seeing how much of a mess the store is. Caused by the flames of which its source is yet unknown, shadows dance across the walls, as if they are welcoming us.

"Everybody watch each other's backs, though this store isn't spacey," Jackson says firmly. "Youngjae, don't let those two slip away." He might be referring to Jimin and I. Jaebum is at the front, followed by Jackson and Mark, then Omega and Youngjae, then Jimin and I, and Yugyeom and Bam Bam as the last. We stride through aisle per aisle, grabbing every food we can. I only realize now how much my stomach has rumbled when my eyes land on a familiar pack of food, except that it is written in Japanese: トッポキ。

"It's Japanese tteokbokki," a voice whispers behind me. I turn my head over my shoulder to see Bam Bam looking down on the same food. "One of my uh . . . favorite. You should try it."

I stare at him, half confused. "Uh, thanks?"

"If you. . . um, wanna try Japanese banana milk in the beverages, you can. . . find one—I mean lot of it. . . over there."

"Oh." I turn towards the beverage section, seeing Mark and Jaebum grabbing a handful of drinks from the fridge. My eyes widen when I see the ball of fire—our source of light—in Jaebum's hand. It suddenly reminds me of Yoongi-hyung.

I miss them so much.

"Thank you, by the way." I turn back to face Bam Bam.

From behind, Yugyeom appears to Bam Bam's side, a huge smile on his face. “Looks like you're getting used to new people.” Bam Bam doesn't say anything else but he returns a tiny smile to Yugyeom it barely could be noticed. It hits me after a second—he was the guy Jackson made a fuss out of earlier; I feel sorry for him.

"Yah, quit the chit chat and gather food. I can't stand you three anymore," an annoyed voice intervenes our conversation. Youngjae passes by, sending a glare towards the younger guys's direction, and then directly towards me before he completely leaves us to join Jaebum and Mark. Bam Bam is still not looking at me as if he is afraid to make any eye contact.

I clear my throat. "So, are you from Japan then?"

"What?" Bam Bam's eyes widens. "Oh, no. I'm from Thailand. I just. . . Uh, I just like Japanese food and stuff."