My Book Of Her

Oneshot 17

~My Book Of Her~

**********************************

"Hey Raven,"Beast boy asked,pulling down her book.

Raven arched an eyebrow as Beast boy stared at her with his big emerald eyes,sparkling with curiosity.

"Yes Beast boy,is there a reason why you interrupted me?"asked Raven,placing her book mark on her spot.

Beast boy sat next to her on the common room sofa,twiddling his thumbs nervously.He inched closer to her and stared at the book title intensely.

"What's your favorite color?"he asked.

Raven looked bewildered but answered anyway,"Blue....or purple."

Beast boy nodded and looked out in the distance.

"Ok,um.....your past life....it wasn't the best was it?Like,you really didn't have a family did you?"Beast boy asked.

Raven was taken back by his question.Beast boy had never asked a question like that.It took a second or two,but she answered the question,slowly and picking the words carefully.

"Well....I guess you could say that....I didn't have a dad....My mom....well just to get to the point,my childhood wasn't the best,really,I didn't really have anyone to rely on or talk to when I was little...."Raven said.

Beast boy nodded and jumped off the sofa,running quickly to his room.Raven sat there,why would he ask that question?And why was he so nervous when he asked it?Raven shook her head and pushed away the questions.Instead she continued to read,which was hard since many questions kept popping up.After almost an hour,Raven dozed off.When the sound of her book falling off her lap woke her up,she stretched.Glancing at the clock on the wall,she was astonished at what time it was.Almost ten thirty.

Raven sighed and stood up,grabbing the book at her foot.She shuffled to her room,passing Beast boy's on the way.However,she realized his room was opened,just a crack.Curiosity got the best of her as she slowly cracked the door open even more.Raven popped her head in,scanning the room.It was filthy as usual,she spotted a figure sitting in a desk next to the bed.She squinted her eyes and noticed that it was Beast boy.Raven looked around quickly before slowly squishing her body in the small crack.

She slowly stepped to the desk,peering over Beast boy's shoulder.His snores were barely heard as his eyes remained closed.Raven smiled at the sleeping Beast boy who looked quite peaceful.She then realized a book underneath him.Unable to read it,she did make out the word Raven.A weird feeling took over her body.Now super curious,she wanted to know what he wrote about her.Raven grabbed onto the sides of the book and gently pulled.

The book ever so slowly moved out from underneath him.Raven stopped and stayed real quiet to make sure Beast boy was still asleep.When he was,Raven read the title of the mysterious green and purple notebook.

My Book Of Her

She blinked several times,making sure she read it right.Then,after reading the title several times,she continued.

She's my opposite,but I don't care.She's dark and mysterious,which makes me curious about her.

She's like a book.I use to judge her by the cover,but now I want to read her.

We may be different by our personalities,but we are similar when compared to our lives.

We both share the same fears,same problems.We never had a real family,I lost mine,while she never had one.