Funeral

I left Elderflower Meadow and started to walk back to my home, playing around with the flowers and making sure the stems didn't snap. I was still mesmerised over that girl. Never thought I would want to know who someone was so desperately in my life, especially a girl I hadn't even had a conversation with. Well I tried to, but she just ran away like she had seen a ghost. That was odd, what was she so afraid of? And her arms, did she do that to herself? It looked like self harm to me, but that was just a strong assumption. But it did make me sad seeing all of that, all those scars. At least she wasn't ashamed of them I guess, otherwise she would of covered it. Good for her. But her hair, was it natural? How can anyone have pure white hair naturally, unless they had begun to grow old but she was young, looked like she was nineteen or in her early twenty's like myself. She might be albino, her skin was ridiculously pale, like she had never touched sunlight...but had unfortunately touched a blade.

I made it back to the mansion after a slow walk and saw a woman walking up the path to the front door of the house. She was dressed in all black, more than likely for the funeral. She was about to knock on the front door before I called out to her;

"Hey! Need any help?" I cried out to her, picking up the pace and walking up the path.

"Oh I didn't see you there my Prince." she said, doing a little curtsey in front of me. I was next in line for the throne when the King dies so people of the town treated me royally. "I came to collect the flowers for...for..." she started, letting a tear roll out of her eye and town her cheek. She had multiple black line of mascara tears coming from her eyes. "For my daughters funeral." she finally blabbed out, sniffing and wiping away the new tear with her black gloves. I felt for her.

"I've got them right here ma'am. Im so sorry for your loss." I said, caring and holding the huge bunch of flowers before her. She broke a little smile as she took the flowers out of my hand, shaking.

"They're all so bright and beautiful! First time in a long time I've seen such beauty." she said, smelling and admiring the flowers. "It's a shame they have to be used for such a horrible occasion." she finished. I watched the smile die off of her face and another tear rolled down. I placed my hand on her shoulder for a sort of comfort.

"Your daughter will forever live in our hearts." I whispered to her. Her glossy eyes looked up and me and she nodded thankfully. She then turned away from the door and left, walking down our path and onto the streets. I felt so bad for her, losing your daughter at such a young age was not easy, it was heart breaking. I sighed with sadness and then turned towards the front door. I placed my hand on the doorknob, it was warm as usual, and pushed it open, making my way indoors. I closed the door behind me and made my way up the stairs to the main room where myself and my friends usually hung around in the house. I stood in the doorway of the main room and found Kier, Shane, Drew and Luke all together. Their moods hadn't lightened up whilst I was gone like I hoped, but it was understandable.

"Where've you been?" asked Drew, tipping his head back from the couch so he was looking at me upside down.

"He went and got flowers for Ms. Stanley's daughters funeral." butted in Kier, polishing his pocket watch with an old rag.

"Never thought one death could make me feel this way." muttered Luke, playing with some old broken gadgets at a table he had been planning to fix but didn't get round to it.

"It's a child's death, it makes it ten times worse. Shorter years of life, never got to experience the real world." added Shane, pegging up some of his art work to dry. Shane was amazing at drawing, he could so portraits, cartoons, landscapes and so on. I wish I had his talent...and his wisdom. I walked away from the doorway and went to go look at Shane's drawings. He had clipped a little bit of string from the corner of a book shelf to the railing of the curtain pole and had pegged his ink drawings to it to dry.