Dreams

I slowly opened my eyes to a blurred vision. I could make out a figure standing above me, assuming I was lying down. I blinked hard to try and clear my sight and everything came into focus. I was looking up at a wooden ceiling and to my left was Snow sat next to me, dabbing my head with a warm cloth. I tried to sit myself up but a huge pain pierced my head which made me groan.

"You should just relax." she said quietly, slowly pushing me back down and dabbing my head. I licked my lips and swallowed to moisten my throat and mouth.

"Where am I?" I croaked.

"You're back in my home, dad has gone out for a while so I took you back here. You were unconscious so dragging you here was a struggle." giggled Snow.

"What happened? How long was I out?" I asked.

"You were out the whole night, it's about nine in the morning now. You hungry?" said Snow, leaving my side. I watched her walk over to the kitchen. I sat up again, holding my head, and saw I was on the couch, underneath a blanket. I saw my bare skin which made me immediately lift the covers to look underneath.

"Why am I naked?!" I questioned, trying to keep the blanket over myself. Snow laughed as she started to prepare something small for me.

"Your clothes were soaked from the snow last night, they're outside drying." she said, walking back over to me with food and water. I accepted the water and chugged it down quickly and then began to eat. "Sorry about kind of leaving you, I always need to leave when the snow happens." she trailed off.

"What do you mean? Why was it suddenly snowing like that again?" I said, swallowing my food. Snow sighed.

"I don't know...I'll get your clothes." She didn't look at me when I asked that question and it made me wonder.

I finished eating when Snow came in with my clothes. "Here, you can change in my room if you want." she said, as she directed me to her bedroom. I held the blanket over my body as I went in until the door was closed. I changed quickly and only until I had started lacing my boots, I noticed her bedroom walls. There were drawings all over them of mainly snowflakes and sad faces, just like she had drawn on our windows. I was looking around the room, where they were plastered until I spotted letters behind the chest of drawers. I stood up off the bed and walked over to the chest of drawers. The letter 'W' came into view. Pushing the drawers aside, a huge image came in sight. It was a drawing of a girl with a sad face, dancing in the snow and then beside it was a girl standing in a village with a happy face and it was titled Willow Whisp Valley.

"You found my dream then." said Snow quietly behind me. I jumped and spun around to face her.

"Your dream?" I questioned. Snow was holding a basket in her hand.

"I'll explain to you outside, I've got a picnic set and thought we could sit outside for a bit."

"But the snow?" I questioned.

"What snow?" she laughed. I raised an eyebrow and then followed her outside. I stepped outside and saw all the snow had gone again, vanished. Nothing was wet or frosted, it was like it never happened. I felt the summer air flow over me but still no sun at all.

"Again? Where the hell is the snow?" I asked, walking over to where Snow was laying out a picnic blanket, just outside the picket fence.

"I don't know." said Snow, sitting down. I joined her side. "Thirsty?" she asked, reaching her arm inside of the picnic blanket. That's when I spotted something. Snow only had thick scars on the outside of her arms but she now had more, newer ones on the inside of one of her arms, newly done today.

"Snow," I started, grabbing her hand. "What's all this?" She looked down at her arm and then her smile died. "Why again?"

"Dad was home when I brought you back and obviously the rule was no boys, so he cursed at me a lot, killing my confidence again. So I...yeah..." she said with sadness entering her tone. "He said he was going out for a while and that you'd better be gone before he got back or I'm in huge trouble."

"So you did this to yourself again?"

"I won't repeat what he said to me, but it was vile and caused me to take it out on myself...again." She looked down and brought her arm into herself, holding the cuts. I lifted her head up towards me and saw her eyes turning glossy.

"Snow, can you make me a promise?" I asked. She nodded slightly. "Please don't do this again to yourself, it's unfair on you." I lifted her arm away from her and brought her newer cuts to my face and kissed them. Snow broke a smile. "Okay?"

"Okay." she whispered. I smiled at her and let her arm drop back to herself.

"Now, tell me about this dream?" I asked, changing the subject to lighten the mood.

"Well, there's this place called Willow Whisp Valley and it's the nicest part of this area. Everyone is happy and free to be who they want and I've always wanted to live there and get away from this place. No more hurt or misery, no more...secrets." she said.

"The secret of being abused?" I came out.

"Uh...yeah...that secret..." she said unsure. "I just want a normal life where I don't feel so trapped."

"Well, why don't you?" I asked. She laughed quietly.

"Because dad won't allow it. I couldn't run away from him even if I tried." I saw the light in her eyes fade as she said that.

"Snow!" yelled a angry voice from the left of us. We both jumped and saw who it was. It was her dad, or Cardinal Dëaff as he should be addressed.

"Oh no, Laurence leave now!" she yelled as she jumped up, terror on her face. "You were meant to be gone before he was back!" I jumped up next to her.

"Snow, I can't leave you now!" I tried to convince.

"Snow, why is that boy still here!?" Cardinal Dëaff yelled at her as he came closer to us.

"I'm sorry dad, I'm so sorry! He's leaving now I swear!" she cried. I could tell she was terrified of him. "Laurence get out of here, go now!" she said as she started to push me away, getting me to leave her side. Cardinal Dëaff came up to Snow and grabbed her by her hair which made her squeal.

"Get the fuck out of here boy, before it gets nasty." he said in a evil tone. I looked back at Snow and saw tears were starting to form as she winced in pain. "Now!" he demanded, pushing my chest with a force that almost knocked me over. I stood there in shock, unable to say a word. I suddenly felt the air become cold again. Cardinal Dëaff growled at me as he turned away, pulling Snow along back inside the house. The air started to freeze up, blowing a winter breeze over us and that's when I saw the snow starting to fall again. I wanted to save Snow but I knew I wouldn't stand a chance against him, at least not on my own. Snow started to fall heavier and with confusion and shock, I turned away and started to run, knowing that I couldn't get caught in this snow again. This moment, I knew, the next time Snow and I would meet again, I would take her to Willow Whisp Valley.