Chapter 8 Butters Family

Jay's p.o.v.

Today was very boring at school. Nothing really, just people saying the world is ending tomorrow which is hilarious! Lots of kids left the school which I was happy about. While leaving the school I was walking with Butters to his house.

"Did anyone bother you today?" I ask him.

"Oh, no not really. They were all really nice since you beat up Cartman the other day." Butters said smiling.

"Good, they should know not to mess with you." I smiled. We walked till we got to Butters house. "Wanna hang for a bit?" I ask Butters. "Sure! Come in." Butters said and held the door open for me. I walk in and close the door. "Hello Butters." His Mom said. "H-Hi Mom." Butters stuttered to his mom. His mother looked very nice. "Who is this sweetie?" She ask, looking over to me. "Oh, this is Jay. My friend from school." He said in a low voice. Is he really scared of his mom? "Hello Mrs. Stotch. It's a pleasure to meet you." I say politely. "Aww, it's a pleasure to meet you too Jay. You guys can go up stairs to Butters room. Your dad should be home in a bit son." Mrs. Stotch says before walking away. Butter's takes me to his room and close the door, I take a seat on his bed.

"Are you ok?" I ask him.

"Y-Yeah..." He wasn't very happy as he is at school.

"Really? You seemed scared back there." I say concerned for him.

"I-I'm alright. Let's just do something."

"Ok." I quickly get out my phone and text my parents where I am. Butter's and I were playing monopoly till I started up a conversation.

"So... you have a crush on Kenny?" I say out of the blue and he looks up at me blushing.

"W-What?!" He says confused.

"I ask if you have a crush on Kenny."

"I-I know but why did you say Kenny?!"

"When you told me about your nightmare you seemed really sad that it was Kenny that died. Kenny also told me that you hugged him when you saw him for no reason." I say and continue playing.

"Um... well, I do have a slight crush on him but..." he stops talking.

"But what?"

"I also have a crush on Mysterion." Oh my god!

"Didn't I tell you they're the same person?" I say.

"Y-Yeah but I don't know for sure. Plus, I was told it was wrong to like a boy, even though my dad is bisexual..."

"Then confront your parents. It's your life and you should love whoever you love. Boy or girl, it shouldn't matter."

"I'm just scared, I've been abused before about it and... I-I don't want to get hurt anymore..." Butters said and started to cry. I turned to him and hugged him, trying to calm him down. I hold him for a bit and rubbed his back as he calms down. After a while he soon stops and falls asleep on me. I pick him up which surprised me by how light he was and put him to bed. I put away the game and sat by Butters while thinking to myself.

I feel so bad for him, he's been through so much and has been hurt too much. He doesn't deserve this life. If our plan goes well tomorrow then I'll give him the life he deserves. He can come with me and my family and we can go to California together. My thoughts were soon cut off by yelling going on downstairs.

"Butters!" I hear someone yell from downstairs. It's probably his dad. I turn to the sleeping Butters. "Don't worry Leo, I'll take care of them." I say before getting up and leaving his room, closing his door quietly. I walk down the stairs and see two people.

"Who are you? Where's Butters?" Mr. Stotch said rudely.

"I'm Jay, Butters friend and he's sleeping."

"Friend? Butter's doesn't have friends and why is he sleeping early?" He says. This is not how a dad should act to their kid.

"Wow, now I know why he is how he is." I say with a smile.

"What do you mean by that?" He questioned.

"Butters is a sweet kid. But he's pushed around from kids at school and from you so much that he has to wear a mask to hide his sadness. He's not happy because of the people he's around." I tell them.

"How would you know how he feels?" His Dad questioned me.

"Because he actually opened up to me. When was the last time he talked to either of you?" I questioned them.

"Um, well..." Mr. Stotch says.

"Yeah you don't! You beat him and you ground him for no reason. Did you even know that his grandma use to bully him to? Probably not. You know if you listen to your kid and tried not to treat him like he's a dog or a pet then you would know why he was crying earlier and why he holds so much sadness in him." I tell them straight up. They stare in disbelief.

"Uh, I don't know what to say or do anymore..." Mrs. Stotch says sadly.

"Well, your husband can start by apologizing for cheating on you." I tell them.

"How do yo-"

"Butters told me, that's also why your wife has been drinking a lot." I cut him off and they both look at each other.

"Honey, I'm so very sorry for cheating on you. I just felt like you were getting bored of me and that there was a reason why you didn't want to be with me every time I get home." He speaks.

"It's not that I don't want to be with you honey. I'm just too busy with the house in the morning when I'm cleaning by myself then when I'm done I just get really tired. And when you ground Butters he's always home and we never get alone time." She replies.

"Well when I get home I'll do my best to help you clean up and I'll stop grounding Butters for stupid stuff." He says.

"Good, now do you promise not to cheat on your wife again?" I turn to Mr. Stotch.

"I promise." He says.

"And do you promise to get help and try to stop drinking?" I turn to Mrs. Stotch.

"I promise." She says and smiles to her husband. "But what do we do about Butters since he's sad?"

"Well, you both can treat him like an actual child and not give him orders. That's why people have pets and sometimes pets bring families together. Butter's would also like it if you guys didn't beat him up because when he gets older he might think it's ok if he gets beat or if people step all over him. If you want to teach him a lesson take away tv time or his phone if he did something bad like getting in trouble for something he wasn't suppose to do at school or getting in trouble with the cops. If he is blamed for something he didn't do then he needs parents that will stick up for him and help him. Talking to him would be great for him not to keep everything in. Lastly, support him in anything he does. If he wants to do something or likes someone a lot he wants to feel safe and that he has his parents support through it all." I tell them as they listen to me.

"Thank you so much for helping our family, we promise to listen to you and be better parents to our son. Right now we'll let him rest and start over tomorrow." Mr. Stotch said.

"Ok, I should be going. I need to get home before it gets dark." I say.

"Well you're always welcome here whenever and please tell us if we're doing something wrong again." Mrs. Stotch says.

"Ok. See y'all later." I wave goodbye and leave the Stotch house hold. I walk home with a smile on my face. See you tomorrow Butters.