chapter 8|| faker

"And let me crawl inside your veins"

 "I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain"

I'm walking in a forest listening to a song when suddenly I fall off a cliff.

I jolt awake with the feeling of falling still in my body. I look around and see lights and the sound of music is replaced with beeping.

I see Cheryl beside the bed I'm laying in and I realize that I'm in the hospital.

My heart drops and my hands immediately start moving to take out the needles in my arm and I move to get up. I can't be here.

"Relax, Greendale hobo. You're going to be okay."

"I can't be here," I say with a raspy voice.

"No one knows you're here. FP and Jughead think you're having dinner at my place. You'll be back to that trailer you call a home in a few hours."

I relax a little, but now that I can think more clearly I have a lot of questions.

"Did you bring me here?"

"You really don't remember what happened, do you Margot? No of course I didn't bring you here. I got a call a few hours ago from a number I didn't know and it ended up being another one of you orphans, that Sweet Pea. And he begged me to come to the hospital and set up an alibi for you."

"Sweet Pea?" Oh no... he's going to rat on me, I know it. This would be the perfect reason for me to be un-initiated. I didn't truly pass the forth trial. I bet Sweet Pea is talking with Jughead and the other members right now telling them where I am.

But if that's true, if he's going to tell everyone, why would he give me an alibi with Cheryl?

"Does internal bleeding affect hearing? Yes, Sweet Pea. I guess he saw you nearly puke a lung and brought you here. He'll be back in a few hours to bring you home."

I'm still not at ease, but I have too many other questions than to worry about Sweet Pea and my Serpent Jacket.

The nurse walks by my room and when she sees I'm awake she steps in side.

"How are you doing, Miss. Do you feel any pain?" she asks.

"No, actually I don't," I reach down to feel my stomach, but it doesn't hurt as much as it did earlier.

"That'll be the pain killers."

"So I had internal bleeding?" I ask. Internal bleeding sounds serious.

"Yes, and you were severely dehydrated. Your body can't fix itself if it's dehydrated. The doctor made a small incision in your lower abdomen to seal some of your leaking blood vessels. Your internal bleeding has stopped and should work itself out within the next few days. You'll be free to go once your IV is finished, so just an hour or so."

"Thank you," I tell her and she gives me a smile before she leaves.

"You've been even more dramatic today than I have, Margot," Cheryl says.

 ° º ° ° º ° ° º ° ° º ° ° º ° 

Cheryl leaves before Sweet Pea arrives. She takes a phone call in the hallway of the hospital for twenty minutes and then says goodbye without an explanation.

Something weird is happening in Riverdale, but I don't know what it is. I hear people whispering, but I've stayed out of it. I've had too many other things to worry about.

The nurse walks in a few minutes after Cheryl leaves and she removes my IV. She hands me a clear bag that has my clothes.

"I'll let you change in here."