chapter 12|| boundries

"I said I didn't feel nothing baby, but I lied"

 "I almost cut a piece of myself for your life"

Betty and Jughead are in the living room and Sweet Pea and I are in the kitchen finishing up some homework. I should say, I'm finishing up homework, and Sweet Pea is watching me.

It's cold in the trailer. It snowed for the first time this season today and the trailer doesn't have much heat.

Betty and Jughead are acting flirty and they move from off the couch and make their way to Jughead's room. Even with the door shut, the noises they're making aren't as muffled as I'd like.

I close my book at look at Sweet Pea. "I can't do any more math. I need to take a break." I lean over and kiss him on the cheek, "thanks for hanging out with me when I do my homework. Best boyfriend ever."

He leans over and kisses me on the lips and I don't protest. He puts his left hand on my right knee. I like the feeling of his lips on mine. They're so soft and gentle. I know mine are chapped, but he doesn't seem to mind.

He parts his lips and I feel his tongue across my lips. We've kissed like this a few times before. I like it and I know he likes to too. Why else would he do it?

His tongue tastes like gum and I wonder if mine does too.

I hadn't noticed until now, but his hand that was once on my knee is now half way up my thigh. I feel as he moves it up a little further. He hasn't done this before and I don't know how I feel about it. Sure, I like when his hands are on me, but how far is this going to go?

When he moves it up even further I break my mouth away from his. "What are you doing, Steven?" I ask, using his real name. He doesn't like when people use his real name, but I don't think he minds too much when I do. I tend to only use it when I'm being serious with him.

"Nothing, I just thought..." he trails. He's breathing a little heavier than usual. He's got a look in his eyes that tells he didn't want to stop. He moves his hand from my knee to my side. "Nothing, sorry," he apologizes and he kisses me again. 

We kiss like we had before and at first I'm cautious, but after a few moments I relax again. I really like kissing Sweet Pea, but we've only been together for a little over a month. I don't feel ready to do much more than that.

I move my hand to the back of his head so I can play with his hair. As I move my hand, he moves his too and it takes me a short second to realize he's trying to touch my bra, or rather, what's underneath it.

"Steven," I say, breaking our lips apart again. I remove my hand from his neck and he puts his hands in his lap. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," he answers.

"Nothing?" I ask back. My tone is full of disbelief.

"I wanted to move things a little further," he admits.

"I don't know if I'm ready for that," I admit.

"We've been together a month though," he tries to reason. "And, Reagan, I really like you." His voice is still airy.

I move away from him so we're not making any contact at all.

"I really like you too, but I'm not ready for that."

"Yeah, fine," he says. He shoves his papers that were on the table into his backpack. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Steven, wait," I say with a desperate tone. "You don't have to leave."

"No, I'll see you tomorrow."

° º ° ° º ° ° º ° ° º ° ° º °     

"Truth or dare?" Toni asks.

I blink a few times and remember where I'm at: Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe with Cheryl, Toni, and Betty.

"Earth to Margot." Cheryl waves her hand in front of my face to break my out of my thought of Sweet Pea and our time spent together earlier.

"Oh, uh, truth."

"No fun," Toni sighs.

"Let's make it fun," Cheryl smirks. "How big is Sweet Pea?"

"What? What do you mean?"

Betty giggles and takes a sip of her milkshake. Toni looks at Cheryl like she can't believe she asked.

"His member. How big is it?" she asks. 

"Oh, uh..." I trail.

"Ooooo," Cheryl says and she hold up her pinky. "That small?"

"I actually don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know. You've been together a while now."

"A month."

"You haven't seen it at all?" Cheryl asks.

"That's sweet," Betty intervenes. "I think it's nice to wait."

"How long do you guys wait?" I ask.

"I waited a while with Jughead to go all the way. But about a month in we did other ... fun things."

"I never wait too long," Cheryl answers.

"No you don't," Toni smirks.

"It's fun to do. And it's also a good way to make sure they don't get bored."

"Do you think Sweet Pea is bored?" I ask. I'm worried.

"Well, from what you've told us. I don't think he's too excited," Cheryl says and Toni giggles.

° º ° ° º ° ° º ° ° º ° ° º °       

It's really chilly as I wait outside the trailer for Sweet Pea to meet me. Sometimes I'll let him give me a ride to school on his bike, but not when there's ice on the roads.

I see him walk down the road and I take a few steps to meet him.

"Hi," I say cautiously. I don't know if he's going to be as upset as he was yesterday.

"Hey," he says and he grabs my hand in his. I shove my other hand in my pocket and we start walking to school.

"Look about yesterday..." I trail.

"I'm really sorry," he interrupts me. He stops and faces me. He kisses me on the corner of my mouth and continues, "I don't know what came over me. If you want to wait, then let's wait."

"Steven..." I trail. I move my hand from my pocket to stroke his cheek. "I don't want you to feel like I don't want to or that we won't ever get there. I'm just not ready right now."

He covers my hand on his face with his own and smiles.

"Whenever you're ready I'm ready," and with that we start back on our walk to school.