are you ok?

it's been 7 years jaiden is 17 and james is 18. their in highschool and jaiden was looking at colleges while james was more lay back about the topic. jaiden, being so caught up in school, barley relaxed and was really stressed. so when winter break arrived she was so relieved the pressure to do well in classes had been lifted off her shoulders. 

but something was still there. the pressure to feel perfect on the outside. james noticed that jaiden had been eating less and seemed sick and tired. he tried to talk to her but she would just push him away saying she was fine and she could take care of herself. 

~jaidens pov~

lately i've felt something. like the pressure to be perfect on the outside. it wasn't only about getting thinner it was about feeling perfect. I didn't feel perfect walking around campus seeing beautiful confident girls all around me. i wanted to be like them. perfect, beautiful, confident, and loved. i didn't feel loved. i was a disgrace to my family i was a mistake. i bet that if i were to just disappear no one would notice. no one would care. they would go on with their lives happy and living. and me. i don't have a future. i have nothing to offer this world. i am a waste of space. i started eating less and checked my body everyday to make sure thing were going to plan. i forced myself to throw up and i constantly felt sick but i ignored it because it was working. but i still felt wrong. i felt awful and i was doing worse in school not being able to concentrate.

~james pov~

jaiden seemed off for the past couple months. she seemed different. she was tired, sad, sick, and quiet. when she did talk to me she said she was fine. i didn't believe her i knew something wrong. but she just wouldn't tell me. i respected her privacy. but i wanted to know so i could help her. i wanted to make her feel better i wanted her to know that there are people who care about her. but nothing.

james: knock knock

jaiden: "oh um hi james"

james: "hi can we talk"

jaiden: "um s-sure come in"

james walked in and they sat on jaidens bed with the door closed so they could talk privately

james: "jaiden are you ok is something wrong? you've been a bit off for the past few months.

jaiden: "of course im ok why would you think such a thing?"

james: "you're lying. i know it. you've been eating less, you've been more tired and sick and you can't concentrate on classwork. jaiden you know you can tell me anything right?"

jaiden: "fine i'll tell you. i don't like the way i look. i want to be perfect. i feel like a waste of space. no one cares about me. no one.

james: "i do. i care about you jaiden. your family cares about you and your friends. people care about you. i mean look at your youtube channel. you've got over a million people who care."

jaiden: "you really care about a freak like me? im not perfect james. just look at me."

james: "you're not a freak. i look at you and you look perfect to me."

jaiden felt so many emotions. she suddenly hugged james and he hugged her back. she cried and let all her emotions out. this went on for a few minutes and after jaiden looked up at james with tears in her eyes. at that moment james just kissed her. after realizing what happened she kissed back and closed her eyes. after a few seconds jaiden looked at james and said...