Chapter #16

A/N: Once again, I apologize for the long wait, I'll probably do the same thing again but I'm still sorry.

Thank you to all the wonderful people who have dropped even wonderfuler comments, they really lifted my spirit. Even if you didn't vote or comment I'm still very grateful for you reading this book.

Those of you who answered my questions and dropped suggestions on my wall, Thank you so much!

I don't know when next I'll be able to update after this one, but at least I'm being honest and will try my best to do so ASAP.

Also a little announcement for those people who keep telling me to mention their stories in mine, I'm sorry but that's gonna have to be a no. I'm so sorry if I sound harsh, but it's not gonna happen. I'm being firm on that.

Before I waste anymore of your time and kill you with boredom....

Aurora's Pov

I ducked as quickly as I could, avoiding the leg that had swept at my head just in the nick of time. I countered with a quick jab to the face but it was blocked just as fast.

I ducked a series of attacks after that, a punch, a kick, another punch, a roundhouse, even a slap. But I was prepared for it all, these are all the attack patterns of one person only, one person I couldn't seem to get along with, Scarlet.

She looked at me head on, eyes burning with concentration behind shielding hands.

The training room was quiet, no sight of Miss Vidia as usual and all other eyes on the both of us. This sort of thing always happened whenever I was paired up with Scarlet. The air around us was so thick with tension that I could feel it weighing on my shoulders.

My stomach churned and my thoughts were clouded, I couldn't concentrate for some reason. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular, but I just couldn't focus.

I took a moment to breathe, also waiting for her next attack but it never came, all that came was more cloudy thoughts.

Why is this happening? And why is it happening now of all times? I don't want to lose this match....

I shook my head quickly, trying to clear it, then that sharp sensation came again, it was much more quicker this time, only lasting about a nanosecond. But it made everything go quiet, only allowing me to hear a quick 'whooshing' sound.

It sounded like something was tearing through the air and headed at my face, I immediately knew I couldn't shift my weight to dodge it in time, I'd have to weigh the equivalent of a feather to do that. Before I knew it my hand started to move and my fingers folded to form a fist, whatever it was, punching it was about my best bet, so please let it not be something big.

What I hit was small, round, about the size of my own hand.

I looked up to see Scarlet's face slightly stunned, but what I was touching wasn't a face, it was a hand.
A fist. Apparently I had blocked her punch with mine, and our hands collided.

She immediately recoiled in pain, I didn't feel it that much. But I stared at my hands again. After a moment of silence...

"How did you do that?" She asked.

There goes that question again, people asking me something I couldn't answer.

"Uh, quick reflexes?" I hoped she'd buy that instead.

"You're forgetting I'm telepathic, you're lying."

Curses!

"Saying Curses isn't actually cursing." She scolded more than spoke.