10) Stars

What were you doing?

Another party. Another boy. The same boy.

You thought you would have been smart enough to learn the first time. You thought that you should have been careful enough to expect something like this to happen again.

You figured things would turn out as they were always destined to. For you, that meant incredibly embarrassing and terribly awkward. But, this is what you had signed yourself up for by showing up at this party. You were going to have to bear the consequences.

You weren't running this time.

Jin made his way toward you, intent and clear in his stride. It was almost a straight line through the crowd to where you were standing. He glided closer—seemingly unphased by the crowd around him—and your heart raced inside your chest. Once again—the sweat, the lack of breath, the shaking. These weren't new to you. They made home within your being and they acted as they pleased. You had learned to live with them. You were now strong enough to choke them back... so you thought.

As soon as he was close enough to talk to you, he turned and walked in the perpendicular direction. For as much as he eyed you up, you figured that he would've stopped to talk to you. You had assumed that was what he was going at. You should've known to not think yourself so smart in this type of situation.

Yes, everything he did was intentional.  He eyed you up, making sure that you knew he was there. Then, he strolled right up to you, building the anticipation for the moment—stringing you along. Just as you expected the climax of the situation, he let you down. Bolted. No words—no nothing. It was all too intentional.

He wanted you to feel worthless and unworthy of his time—just as you had made him feel before.

You sighed. You guessed that this was what you deserved. You understood that there was probably no chance that the boy would understand where you were coming from, and that was okay. Those bridges were already burnt. You knew you can't resurrect ashes.

There was another reason you had come. Really, the only reason.

Namjoon.

You tried to fight it, but your eyes met his anyway—almost as if you had no choice in the matter, as if you were a magnet looking for its match, the electrifying tug too strong for you to fight against it.

He wouldn't come over to you, would he?

You wanted him to, but you also wanted him to stay put.

Your mind raced through the possibilities.

Hypothetical Situation A: He ignores you. Thinks you're Hayoung and is faithful toward the mystery Y/N on Tinder. Not a bad deal, but the real-life attraction you were feeling may be too much to actually keep you away.

Hypothetical Situation B: He approaches. Has the hots for Hayoung, and every other girl in the room. Horndog that wants—scratch that—needs to get some. No care for Y/N. Wants that ass. That was a scary situation to consider as you knew you liked him, but you still weren't ready for those sort of acts. You knew it was wrong for you to be so confusing, but part of you still wanted him to be committed to the elusive personality he, unfortunately, met on that stupid dating app. Your expectations were ridiculous —you would admit that. You wouldn't be let down if he didn't meet them as he was human, and you had made your fair share of your own mistakes. That didn't stop you from wanting that though, wanting that happy ending.

Hypothetical Situation C:  He knows that Y/N was the barista at the cafe, knows you lied about your name, and is still into it, mostly because he wants that ass.