19) Trust Me

Within a mere moment, he reacted to your sudden kiss, his lips matching the gentleness of your own. He wrapped his hand around your waist and yours cradled the back of his neck. Your kiss continued until the moment was thoroughly lived in. 

He pulled away slightly, resting his forehead on yours. You almost immediately had to catch your breath. You listened to his breathing which was slightly hitched. After taking the moment to regulate his breathing, you could see a smile creep onto his lips and a giggle escaped from his lips.

"You know, for someone whose never really done that before, you're pretty good."

"Hey! How do you even know that?" you pestered.

"You and Yuna don't exactly talk quietly at the counter, that's all I'm going to say."

"Well shit," you laughed and pulled yourself slightly away from Namjoon, pouting. 

He shoved you playfully on the shoulder. "C'mon. I'm only kidding!" he assured you.  You lightened up.  

"Let's go get some drinks. We can talk later, for sure. I just need to let Yuna know that I'm not dead... She was kind of my hero tonight, so...." 

"No need to explain yourself. Go and do what you need to do." 

You stood up to leave and looked back at him, thinking he would follow you.

"I think I'm just going to stay here," he began, "but when you're done... if you want to come back, that'd be cool with me."

You smiled.  "Totally. I'll be back," you assured him.

"If you'd want to stay the night, I wouldn't mind that either..."

"Are you trying to sleep with me?" you joked.  

"No, no, no! That's not what I meant... It's just... I just.. what I meant is that it's dark out, and I don't want you to walk back on your own at this hour. So like—no pressure or anything. Not that I don't want to sleep with you... shit, that's also not what I mean..." He was throwing out all of the comments rapidly in a manner that was like he was almost arguing with himself. The over-the-top movement of his hands also added to both the drama and awkwardness of the situation. Nonetheless, he continued to drive his point. You would have stopped him, but you found his stammering quite cute and endearing. 

"You're attractive. That is true. No—Well—yes, you are—that's by no means a lie. Gosh—Shit,—I'm stumbling over myself... I don't even know what I'm saying at this point, but I think you know what I mean. I'm going to quit while I'm still somewhat ahead... I hope you know what I mean." He looked away from you in obvious embarrassment, a hand on the back of his head. 

You couldn't help but giggle at his ridiculousness. "It's okay, Joon. Maybe someday."

He was slightly taken aback by your boldness but laughed in return.

"Alright—Cool—Okay.  Looking forward to it, Y/N." 

You smiled and walked toward the door, grabbing the handle.  You stopped and looked back at him.

"Are you sure you don't want a drink or something?"

"Nah, I'm fine. Thank you though."

"Okay... I'll be back soon," you assured him, making your way to the door. "Don't miss me too much."

You could hear him laughing at your cheesy comment as you went to shut the door. You suddenly felt two big hands on your shoulders that spun you to face the direction you had just come from. Your eyes wobbled around the perimeters of Namjoon's face and finally met his eyes as his hand moved to your cheek and pulled your face closer to his.