20) You

~~~Three Months Later~~~

Sitting in Namjoon's bedroom as he showed you snippets of his latest songs was your new favorite place. You could keep your poetry book in hand as he occasionally asked for an opinion on a riff or a chord progression. Your favorite part about helping him was proofing his lyrics and giving suggestions. You had to admit, the two of you were a pretty rocking team.

"What do you think about this?" he said, looking down at his notepad. He began to rap.

I'll tell you frankly
Sometimes I was a little stuck up
Elevated sky, expanded halls
Sometimes I prayed let me run away
But your pain is my pain
When I realized that, I vowed to myself
With the wings of Icarus, you gave me
Not towards the sun but towards you
Let me fly

"I like the metaphor, it suits it."

"You know, it's about you, right?"

"Oh no, I thought it was about your side ho," you joked. He laughed. Every time he did, you felt the butterflies surge up from your stomach and force a smile upon your face.

You had been spending lots of nights at Namjoon's apartment. You had gotten to know his roommates Yoongi and Hoseok pretty well and they didn't seem to mind all the time you spent there. Honestly, you could tell that they loved having another sarcastic asshole there to joke around about Joon with... All in good fun, of course.

Hoseok wasn't as big of a fuckboy as you had imagined him to be. He was actually pretty down to earth. He was fun to hang out with and always had something to say that could make you laugh (and his jokes were arguably better than Namjoon's, but you would never tell him that.)

Yoongi was also the opposite of what you expected. Considering his very tough rapping persona, he was pretty quiet and subdued in the apartment. Sometimes you'd talk about music with him when Namjoon would pull him in to ask his opinion. With your lack of experience, you'd expect that he'd just brush off your suggestions, but he was usually pretty open to your feedback. You could see that he thought you a good fit for his friend and liked that he respected you so much.

It was nice to have some company that made you feel appreciated and brought you back to normalcy instead of utter chaos. 

You had no idea what was going on with your roommates back in your apartment. Most of the time you spent there was to sleep when Namjoon had a big project to finish or something and needed no distractions (and you were a HUGE distraction). You saw your roommates on occasion when Namjoon would drag you out to keep him company at parties, but the drama going on in your old circle was too much for you to handle. 

The main reason you spent so many nights away was that you were tired of all the yelling. Yuna wasn't mad at you, but she was refusing to explain anything to you.  So many secrets that you would normally be keen on were being kept from you.  You weren't one to pry or push so you figured Yuna would come to you if she really needed you. You felt almost betrayed, and sort of... scared to interfere in case you would make things worse. 

You did miss your roommates... a lot. But things were different now.  It was so hard to be there, with all the tension festering in the air.  You had to get away.  You were high on the feelings that Namjoon gave you, and you weren't about to let anything ruin them. You were going to live in them as much as possible for as long as you could. 

You were happy. Spending time with Namjoon was more than a dream. The two of you fit together better than you ever could have thought.

After complimenting Namjoon's work, you dug your head once more into your poetry book. You could feel his eyes still lingering on you, but you would see how long he would stare before saying something. You really liked to play this game. It was always a pretty long time.  You had to hold back a laugh.