16) Dissonance

You stared down at the screen, your heart breaking all over again.

You knew it was a possibility, but it hurt hearing it for real

You knew it was a possibility, but it hurt hearing it for real.  It hurt to know that you were hurting him.  You really were.  

You still weren't sure how to start to fix it.

How do you just say "Oh hey!  So this whole time I've been right in front of your face in the coffee shop.  You knew me all along and I pretended that you didn't.  Which is sad and selfish and insecure of me. Let's also not forget that when I was confronted with the actual situation of meeting you, I perpetuated this unnecessary lie that I was someone else because I was too insecure with myself to believe that you could actually like me for me. Not to mention that I asked you to be so vulnerable for me, expected so much out of you and gave nothing in return.  Moral of the story, I am a huge bitch and I don't deserve someone like you.  I can't even begin to think about how you'll forgive me."

You knew what you should say, but you couldn't get your fingers to type. 

You decided to not retreat into yourself and for once sought the help of your wonderful friends.  

You walked into the kitchen, expecting to see Yuna so obviously chugging away at the orange juice but she was nowhere in sight.  Anxious to find her and sort out the situation, you ran to the bathroom hoping she would be in there.  Sure enough, she was.  In the shower.

"Yuna!  I need your help.  Now.  Please, I'm dying." You barged into the steamy bathroom, shutting the door behind you.  A few seconds later, Yuna's head emerged from behind the shower curtain, struggling to slick back the hair that was dripping into her eyes.

"Alright, alright. Calm down.  What's the deal?" She brushed some of the water from her eyes and looked right at you, ready to tackle the situation head-on.

You relayed the messages from Namjoon to Yuna. 

"I just don't know what to do or say.  Okay, that's a lie.  I know what I should say. I just don't know how to say it."

"Well, first of all, if you're going to say it, you can't do it cheaply over a text.  It's only fair to him to do it in person.  Plus, that way you can show him how upset you are and maybe he'll feel bad or something.  Just ask him to meet you at the coffee shop to talk."