Five - Best Fake Smile

Before Marinette had even walked into the classroom on Monday Morning Chloe stopped her. 

"Wow Marinette! Wait a second let me get a hammer - that door frame is way too normal for you to fit your fat ass through it." Marinette turned to Chloe shocked, Chloe had never said anything like that before, usually she'd just give dirty looks, scoff and tell everybody that she was too important for their time.

"You should try to stop eating all those carbs your dirty bakery fill you up with, it's definitely showing on you Marinette, don't you think Sabrina?" Chloe turned to her best friend. 

"Oh you're right Chloe, she has put on load of weight!" Sabrina smirked as she pushed her glasses up her nose so she could see properly again. 

Marinette looked down at her body going bright red from embarrassment. They were right. Marinette thought, she had put weight on. She looked back at Chloe and her eyes balled up with tears. She quickly ran away to the toilets before anyone could see her crying. On her way down all she heard was the laughing of Chloe and Sabrina. 

Marinette heard her phone go off and ignored it. The bell rang to say class had begun and she ignored it. She left horrified in herself she saw her chubby cheeks and her fat ass and grimaced at herself. She knew she couldn't go back to class so she planned on going back home. She wouldn't have to explain to Alya where she went because Alya hadn't seen her yet this morning. 

She wiped her eyes which left red patches under her eyes and walked towards the school's exit. As she got outside it was raining heavily and Marinette sighed, she was having a bad day. She stepped into the rain and was about to make a move when Adrien came walking towards her with a large umbrella and held it over her and himself looking at Marinette who crossed her arms to hide her recent chubbiness. 

"Hey Mari, where are you going?" Adrien then noticed she had been crying, even with her hair a little dishevelled from the wind and a few droplets of rain on her pale skin, Adrien could tell she had been crying from the underneath of the eyes being red and her eyes were puffy. "What's wrong my lady?" He dropped his voice to a more concerned tone as he pulled the two of them into the shade away from the rain. 

"N-nothing, I just have rain all over me..." Marinette lied and Adrien wasn't taking that as an answer. 

"Hey, you can tell me anything you know... I'm not going to tell anyone, you can trust me."

"I just don't feel like talking-" 

"Please Marinette, I can't just leave you to be upset... You're my friend, I care about you."

"Someone called me about my weight this morning," She sighed feeling like crying again. "I know I may eat too much at times but I didn't realise how noticeable it was I-I didn't realise I was fat and-"

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Adrien grabbed her shoulders gently and made her look him in the eyes. "You. Are. Not. Fat. Not even a little bit, you are-" Adrien gulped and boosted his confidence to tell Marinette. "I think you are beautiful." She automatically shook her head so Adrien carried on. "No, you are beautiful and nothing can change that. You hear me?" Adrien took his index finger and hooked it to loosely push up Marinette's chin so the girl was looking directly at him. "You are perfect the way you are." 

Marinette was taken away by his words. She could now tell he was being deadly serious about what he was saying. She felt nervous again and slowly nodded not knowing what to say. Adrien gave her a soft smile and before she could think about it he wrapped her arms around her head pulling her to his chest and she wrapped her arms around his waist into an embrace.

"Thank you Adrien." She whispered after a moment they pulled away.

"Don't mention it, now, let's be late together." He smirked.