imagine | richie

you and rich have a silent competition on who needs the other more. you break up. (p.s. henry bowers is not going to be crazy in this. neither is the rest of the gang. they are all going to be jocks.)

"fine Richie!" you exclaim, your face red with rage. "you know you wouldn't last a day without me, y/n. so don't even try denying something even you know is true!" he bites back, rolling his eyes. "keep rolling those eyes Richie. I hope they get stuck." you snicker, continuing to pack your overnight bag for bev's. you were supposed to be staying the week at Richie's for your parent's business trip, but Richie was being an asshat. 

"that's so mature, y/n. but I have an idea to fix your attitude. if you leave this house, this relationship ends. so be as snotty as you want, but know what youre leaving behind." he snarls. he may act like he doesn't care, but he's scared of whats happening. "oh yeah? consider us done." you snapped, grabbing your bag. "leave that door frame. go ahead, but don't come crawling back when you realize I was right." you froze at the threshold, taking a breath. you just shake your head, and walk through the door. 

Richie lets an angry grunt escape his lips, pulling at his curly black hair. "this isn't the end. she'll realize that I'm not the one suffering a loss here." he mutters. taking a sip of whiskey from his father's flask, he bites his lip. "or maybe we both are." he sighs, sitting on his recliner. 

little did he know, you were on your way to bev's in a taxi, a silent tear running down your cheek. you sniffle, picking up your cell. "egotistical asshole." you mumble, taking a shaky breath. you speed dial bev's number, and she picks up rather quickly. "bev?" you ask, your sadness lacing your voice. "y/n. are you okay?" "no. I'm on my way to your house. plans have changed." you sniffle, hanging up. leaning back in the seat, you decide you don't regret your decision. Richie doesn't need you. he's made that clear. 

-- 

you slide into the cotton shorts you packed, but you regret to let bev see you pitifully letting richie's sweatshirt slide onto your upper body. "isnt that richie's?" she inquires. you turn and give her a dirty glare, so she raises her hands in surrender. "ill let it go, y/n. but if you want to get over him, this isnt the way. you gotta be happy. or at least pretend like his negativity is something you didnt need." bev sips on her tEa, yours is sitting on the coffee table. "bev, this only happens once in a while. but he usually doesnt say shit like that." you sigh, biting your lip. 

"well, you dont need any of that. i told you to go for bill when he liked you a few years ago. but you were too scared because i liked him.. it honestly wouldnt have bothered me." she smiled. "you may claim that it wouldn't have, but yes it would have. and i liked richie then. i had liked richie since third grade." you giggled. "yea, well Richie liked you back that whole time. but his dirty mouth kind of said otherwise for a little while." bev said, smirking. "well, his dirty mouth only got worse considering the fact that he now thinks some of those things are possible. well, did think that. I don't honestly know if I'm considered his girl anymore."

"all right, we have to make a plan. how about, we try to break Richie!" bev brainstorms, smirking. shes a little devilish sometimes. "how?" you ask, cocking a brow. "well, we get you close with one of the jocks or something and make him jealous. make you look happy. he'll come after you and whoever the guy is on a warpath. and Richie may have been a weenie in sixth grade, but now he's tall as hell and really toned. the guy wont stand a chance." bev says. you nod, liking the idea. "sounds good. but are you sure he'll care?" 

"honey, if I know anything about Richie, id know that he'll go to any lengths just to get you back right now. even if it meant beating a jock's ass and possibly getting 800 detentions on the same day. plus, he's a jealous prick when you talk to anyone other than him." bev laughs, rolling her eyes. 

you smiled at her, and she smiled back. "all right.. let's pick a jock. henry bowers; basketball player, damn is he handsome, smooth talking, he lost that mullet about a month ago, he's perfect for the job. patrick hockstetter; not basketball this time but lacrosse is his sport, he's still a bit flirty, but he's really hot so he might be a go. reggie huggins; football legend, buff and toned, actually so hot it's not even funny, and outgoing as shit so he'd understand. and vic criss; lacrosse as well, he's a little less skinny then last year, GORGEOUS, and he's kind of a cold asshole so we might not try him. take your pick." she says, clapping her hands excitedly. 

"we better go with bowers. he's a bit assholish too, and he hates Richie. so he'd be up for this any day." you decide. "all right. now get your ass to sleep, we have work to do tomorrow."

'''

at 8 AM the next day, you were already hanging off henry's arm. bev had talked to him already, and he was waiting for you at your locker. richie hadn't arrived yet, but it was close to the time he usually arrived. "so y/n, what exactly happened with you and richie bitchie?" henry asks, smirking at you. "well, he was being an asshole and told me we were breaking up if i left. so i packed a bag, and well, left." you snickered. henry chuckled. "well, i never would have guessed you would leave. i mean, youre too sweet." he said. "not really. that's just my social image. i can really be a bitch sometimes." you smirked. he smirked back, but jabbed his thumb in the other direction. 

furrowing your eyebrows, you turn in the direction he was pointing. standing across the hall was richie tozier. he looked like shit; red bloodshot eyes, chapped lips and messy hair. he had clearly been crying, drinking and sleeping all day yesterday. he wore a leather jacket, a thrasher shirt under it, and ripped jeans. he was talking to bill denbrough and eddie kaspbrak. he had failed to see you with henry yet, but bev stood next to him, smirking at you and waiting to point you out. 

you looked good, freshly showered. you wore a black skirt and a white crop top with a nude pink cardigan. you wore your favorite vans as well. you giggled at something henry said, which caught richie's attention. he knew that giggle well. his head snapped in the direction you were in, and his eyes narrowed. your head was thrown back in a laugh, and henry was talking to you, clearly saying something you thought was funny. 

richie tozier hated henry bowers with a passion. you had actually broken up a few fist fights between them, scared for henry. richie had gotten strong and tall, and very athletic. so he could beat someone's ass pretty well. richie's face morphed from sad and tired to angry and irritated pretty quickly. he turned to bev, his lips twisted into a snarling frown. "why is y/n over there with henry BOWELS, beverly?" he asked through gritted teeth. 

"i dont know, rich. he was sweet to her, so they just started talking." bev giggled, pretending to be happy about their exchange. "oh yeah? well what i'm about to give bowers isn't as sweet as whatever youre talking about." he growls. taking off his leather jacket and handing it to bill. "r-richie, what--" "shut up, bill." he snapped, walking over. 

TO BE CONTINUED! COMMENT IF YOU WANT A PT 2!