You Will Never Fade

Katsuki had been mostly unresponsive since the Noumu had been found. Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi had only been able to get some information out of the boy. One was that the name of the Noumu was Izuku Midoriya, a missing person. Two was that he was supposedly 'quirkless'. Three was that Katsuki Bakugou had been the boy best friend in childhood. He set out to make a phone call, and then got ready for tears on the other side as he dialed up the necessary number on his work phone.

"Hello; this is Inko Midoriya"

The voice was different from how it used to be, now it was just a sad reminder of what once used to be.

"Hello ma'am, this is Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi and we have some... interesting news on your son"

He heard a loud series of crashes and bangs from the other end, then in a pleading voice he heard

"Is my baby alive!? Is my darling Izuku coming home?!"

He winced before saying what he had to say.

"Ma'am your son is alive and is here right now, he is... incapable of talking right now, but if you come to the police station right away we will fill you in on the details"

He heard another few bangs then the jingling of keys.

"I am on my way right now!"

The phone was hung up from her end. He was not looking forwards to her arrival, when she sees her 'baby boy',and what shape he was in. Naomasa was in a small office with a laptop on a plain table. On that laptop there was a live feed of the room he kept the Noumu in, at this point Naomasa had decided that he would rather not think of the scary green creature as a child. The Noumu was just sitting in a seat that was decidedly the only thing that could take his weight.

Naomasa sighed and readied himself to talk the the blonde boy that was waiting for the thing. The boy was in their waiting room and had been either yelling or crying for the past half hour. All they knew at this time was a name and quirk, or well, lack of one.

Naomasa walked out of his office and heard yelling, great, the boy was having a tantrum. He took a breath and steeled himself, he always hated talking to the family or friends of people who had been affected by his cases, just not as much as when they talked to the affected person or creature.

"Katsuki Bakugou, if you could follow me please that would be great"

He had walked into the waiting room where the boy was. There were some kids from his class there. The red headed Eijirou Kirishima, the tape boy Hanta Sero, the electricity kid Denki Kaminari, and the acid girl Mina Ashido. They were mostly there to restrain their friend.

"ARE YOU FINALLY GONNA TAKE ME TO ******* DEKU NOW!?"

Rude. Naomasa sighed again.

"Yes we are, we have decided that you could probably get more information from him that we could, your friends will have to stay here though, and also-"

"JUST TAKE ME TO ******* DEKU ALREADY, AND YOU BETTER NOT HAVE HURT HIM!"

Naomasa heard Denki exclaim behind Bakugou

"I never knew Bakugou could be so loud, he's just always thinking in class, and have you noticed that his quirk has been going on and off since he became mad?"

"Yeah, that's weird"

It was then that Naomasa knew by the end of the day he would have a migraine

"TAKE ME TO THAT ****** NERD ALREADY!"

Yeah, Naomasa knew that quiet was the perfect word to describe the teenager before him.

"Just follow me"

He started walking and Bakugou followed him, silent for the first time, these mood changes would be the death of him.

If Bakugou noticed the single sweat on Naomasa's face while walking next to him he didn't say anything, something Naomasa was grateful for.

They finally got to the room with a uncomfortable silence following them, then Naomasa opened the door.

"Deku? Is that, really you?"

Bakugou's voice was cracking, it seemed he cared for the green monster.

The Noumu wore a mouthguard that only just gave him freedom to talk; but not to bite. He had quirk suppressing hand cuffs which covered his whole arm. Just to make sure they would all be safe the police force had chained the Noumu to a chair. It certainly looked uncomfortable.

"Kaachan, Kaachan?"

It was the first time the thing had spoken, it's voice sounded rustic from misuse. Naomasa got a glass of water that had been on the interrogation table for that very reason. He pored it down the monsters throat seeing that the thing was unable to do so it's self

"Kaachan, they, they took me... They hurt me a lot as well"

Naomasa now felt bad for the creature, using his lie detecting quirk he could tell it was saying the truth.

"De-Izuku, how did they get you?"

Bakugou seemed to be crying, better then yelling Naomasa thought

"I took your advice Kaachan, so I wouldn't be Deku anymore, but even when I jumped I couldn't get free, I really am a useless Deku"

It started coughing and both people in the room had a intake of breath. If what Naomasa could piece together was right, then that meant this human boy before him had-

"I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO REALLY DO THAT DE- IZUKU! I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU COULDN'T BE A HERO, YOU'D JUST GET HURT!"

Bakugou was crying again, the creature seemed to be looking down at him but you couldn't really tell, it had been changed in many ways.

"Kaachan, you were right though, I am just a useless Deku, but thank you for caring, this must be the first time you've at least pretended!"

They both froze. Naomasa was still thinking through the idea that this kid had talked to the creature and told it to kill its self, but now he had to deal with a suicidal teen thing.

"Izuku, listen to me, you are not useless"

Bakugou had gone quieter as he spoke, Izuku Midoriya raised his head as far as it could go from the chair, Naomasa instinctively tried to pull back the teen who had come closer to the unfortunate soul. The boy was being held at a safe distance from the thing. But then both of them heard what Midoriya had to say

"But I wish I was"

They stood there in stunned silence while Midoriya lowered himself down again. Naomasa decided that he had had enough.

"Excuse me, Izuku Midoriya? What happened to you to make you look like this"

The creature suddenly hissed and started shaking

"They tied me up like this, on a hard metal table, then they would hurt me. They told me the pain would go away if I behaved but it didn't, the pain was constant and it hurt. It still does, but they would change me-"

Suddenly Midoriya started shaking even more, the whole chair was moving. He was saying over and over again the words

"ChangemebackChangemebackChangemebackChangemebacktowhatIwashelpmeChangemeback"

Naomasa dragged the still Bakugou out of the room, Bakugou was shaking. This couldn't get any worse

"Chief! There's a green haired lady saying that you have her son, she seems really anxious!"

Naomasa then knew he was sorely mistaken. There the migraine was.