Re-encounters

They all walked back to the temple, the heated argument barely begining to die down. Yellow and Blue following behind Pink and the others as they made their way on the sand.

"Rose...!!" Pearl shrieked and jumped to Pink's arms, tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

Garnet and Amethyst quickly jumped in, hugging them tightly.

"Oh Garnet, you're as glorious as ever" Rose smiled, gently caressing the fusion's cheek.

"I'm married!" Garnet chirped in between tears, wiping them off.

"Married? That is great!"

"I may be small but I exist too, you know." Said Amethyst while wiping tears from her cheeks, looking up at them.

"Of course you do!" Rose ruffled her hair, smiling down at her.

Although, Steven had already had his beautiful moment of reunion with her, he still stared at his mother with disbelief.

"Come here, my brave Crystal gem warrior!" Rose stepped away from the others and held her arms wide open as Steven ran at her and hugged her with all his strength.

"Oh Steven, you look just like your father... Oh! Greg! Where is he?" Rose looked around.

"I think Dad is back at the temple..." Said Steven trying not to cry.

"Lets go surprise him!" Rose held Steven's hand and ran back with him excitedly.

"C-can't wait to see this encounter..." Said Pearl awkwardly.

"I wonder how Bismuth will react to seeing Rose again" said Amethyst, remembering she was still around.
They all exchanged a look and they quickly began running to catch up with them.

"Greg!!!" Rose quickly opened the door and ran inside.

"Rose!?" He stood up from the couch and ran to her arms to hug her tightly. "Is it really you? Is this some kind of sick joke? Or a really good dream!?"

"It's me Greg..." Rose caressed his cheek and wiped off a small tear that rolled stray.

"Rose..." A voice said behind her, startling the pair, making the named one turn around quickly.

"Bis... Muth..." Rose gasped and covered her mouth.

"Rose... You're back...?"

"Bismuth... I-I..."

"Rose, its all ok, no hard feelings" she smiled and quickly hugged Rose, lifting her up to spin round in the air.

Steven stood at the door, staring at this beautiful encounters.

He walked into his bathroom to wash his face. He stared at himself in the mirror, his face looked tired and his hands was still stained with his fresh blood.
He lifted his shirt and looked at where the Diamond had once been, now a rose was embedded.

'So mom was alive in there...' He thought to himself, a small ping of guilt crossing his chest, causing him to sigh.

"Snooore" he turned around and saw Lapis and Peridot inside of the bathtub.
Lapis read a book while Peridot slept beside her.

"Oh Lapis, with all that happened I haven't been able to welcome you back properly!"

"Don't worry about it, Steven. There is more important matters at hand. What happened to you? Why are you covered in blood?" Lapis closed her book calmly
.
"The diamonds... Took my gem out..."

"They did what!? Are you ok?! How are you still here?! Shouldn't you be in your gem or something!?"

"I'm still half human and made out of flesh and bone. Removing my gem was just like... Loosing an arm or a leg..."
He lifted his shirt up showing her the rose that had bloomed from his stomach. "But now I have this instead"

"A rose... How did that..."

"Mom saved me."

"Wait, Rose Quartz is alive"

"Yes, and no" he played with his fingers nervously. "Mom is actually Pink Diamond. I found out a few days ago, so much has happened in just so little time."

   Lapis stared at Steven, trying to take in all the new information.

"So... She shattered herself...?" She finally spoke up.
"She started a war against herself?" She stared at Steven in disbelief. "I was trapped in that mirror, for so long.... I was used.... For nothing?"

"Lapis... Are you—"

"I'm fine Steven, I just have a lot to think about." She stood up from the bathtub and walked out of the bathroom.

Steven gently tapped Peridot in her arm trying to wake her up.

"Peridot.... Do you mind going outside so I can take a bath...?"

Peridot open her eyes slowly, tapping the spot beside her.

"Lapis...?" She turned to Steven in a panic.
"Di-did she leave again?! Did she leave me again!?" She stood quickly, trying to find Lapis around her.

"She said she needed to think." Steven began taking his shirt off.

"What happened to you?" Peridot groaned and walked up to Steven touching his rose.

"Yellow took my gem out"

"That- that makes no sense. How are you here right now?" Peridot gave him a puzzled look.

"I'm still half human, Peridot, do you mind...?" He said pointing to the door as he filled the bathtub with water.

*
*
*

"Are you ok? Does it hurt?!" Connie touched the small rose.

Steven flinched at the contact.

"I-it doesn't hurt... It just... Feels weird."
"Why? Is it itchy?"

Steven sighed. "Thats not what feels weird. Mom was still I inside of that diamond.... She never dissapeared... Its.... Maybe I should have taken my gem out earlier...."

"Steven... Don't say that, you couldn't have know that this would happen, what if you actually... Died..." Connie covered her mouth as she finished her sentence, being horrified to even think of the possibility.

"It would have been a risk worth taking... Look at the Crystal gems.... They finally have their leader back... They're all happy again..." Steven stared thru the window.

Rose sat on the couch with Pearl and Amethyst, talking about old memories they shared together.

"Steven, they were happy with you too, now, they're even happier, enjoy this happiness" Connie grabbed his hand and smiled warmly.

Steven blushed and smiled back, a warm feeling invading his body and a weird tingling in his stomach.

Was this those familiar butterflies he had read about? Was this the feeling of love?

Nope.

"Steven! Your rose! It's glowing!"

He looked down to his stomach, he gently pressed the flower and his hand sunk in it. His faced filled with panic as Connie began screaming.

"PEARL, MOM, HELP!!!!" they both began screaming in panic.

His hand slowly creeper in deeper into his stomach until he tapped something familiar.

The soft grass tickled his finger.

Rose, Pearl and Amethyst ran outside and stared at Steven whose hand was still stuck inside of his stomach.

"Mom.... Am I.... Dead...?" He stared at his mother with fear in his eyes.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Please vote and comment
ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ