Together.

"You fused?" Rose and Garnet patted Steven's head while Amethyst tried to calm Pearl down.

"This— this isn't possible! How can two humans just... Fuse?!"
Pearl said hyperventilating.

"But Steven is still son of a gem, he could have gem DNA running through his veins" Connie tried to reason.

"But gems don't have DNA, our bodies are made of light, this makes no sense" Pearl gently placed a hand on Steven's cheek.

"Pink diamond," Blue's pearl walked in, bowing down.
"My diamond requests your presence in a diamond meeting down at the 'beach'" the blue pearl vowed and spoke in her soft voice.
"Please come with me"

Rose turned to Pearl whose face was a soft tone of blue, a small blush crept its way to her face.

"Pearl, will you come with me?" Rose grabbed Pearls hand.

"Y-yes my diamond" Pearl mocked and they both laughed softly.

*
*
*

"Blue. Yellow." Rose said coldly as she walked up to the diamonds that's stood on the sand watching the sparkling ocean.

"Pink, our ship will arrive soon, you will be coming with us back to home world" Yellow said without looking at Rose.

"No, I will not" Rose said firmly.

"Pink, please, come with us... You don't know how much we've missed you. Pink, we've been given another chance to make things right." She held Rose's hand and looked straight into her eyes.

"We can do things right, we will leave earth alone, we will create a colony in any other world. We will guide you step by step and never leave your side again"

"I don't.... I DONT WANT A COLONY!" Rose smacked Blue's hand away
"I want to live on earth! I want to stay with my son and live a free life as an independent gem"

"Pink, you are not an independent gem. You are a diamond, a leader!" Yellow turned to look at Rose.

"I am a leader! I am the leader of the Crystal gems!"

"You were also the leader of a rebellion against yourself! That only shows that you are not ready to lead, Pink, we will teach you how to be a real leader. Just come back with us." Blue said softly.

"My diamond...." Pearl whispered and grabbed Rose's hand, taking her away with her. "This... This is a great chance to show Steven the wonders of home world"

"But Pearl... I don't... I don't think...."

"Please... We can come back right after" Pearl's eyes lit up. "For Steven?"

Rose hesitated. "For Steven..."

*
*
*

"And we are now going to visit home world!" Pearl said excitedly, intertwining her fingers with a bright look on her face.

Steven's face was blank.

"Who are going to home world now?" Garnet walked out of her door from the temple, staring at them with an unreadable expression.

"Oh, Garnet! The diamonds will take us to home world! We can show Steven our planet!"

"Pearl, you cannot take Steven to home world"

"Oh, Garnet, you don't have to worry, we are going with Pink diamond, my diamond, we will be treated like goddesses!"
Pearl twirled in excitement.

Rose shifted uncomfortably in her seat next to Steven.

Steven grabbed her hand and looked up at her with a forced smile.

"Steven, you don't have to go if you don't wish to" Rose squeezed his hand in hers.