Party

Hey It's the Author! Yeah uh I'm not one to write authors notes because I usually just like to get to reading the story. I'll only pop up every few chapters to check in.  But I hope you're liking it so far. This chapter picks things up a little and hints at some things that become important later. Okay enjoy!

~Ruby's POV~

I open the passenger door to my large truck for Sapphire and help her in. She gives a little thank you. I close her door and jog over to my side and get in. Once I get the car started, I turn on the heater and radio and go on our way. Sapphire is looking down at her phone a little concerned before she starts texting. I keep my eyes on the road as I talk to her.

"Is everything alright Sapphy." Sapphy?

"Sapphy?"

Oh no. I already started nicknames. "Uh," I chuckle awkwardly. "Sorry."

She smiles slyly, "No it's ok. I just haven't heard that name in forever. No um, I'm just texting Pearl that I'm with you. She said Lapis went off with Peridot I think when she heard the party was at Jasper's and that she isn't going. Pearl isn't sure if she wants to go..." she trails off. 

"Oh well if she doesn't go you'll be safe by me." I smile gently and look at her for a split second before looking back to the street. We stop at a light. "Okay," she replies, smiling too. God I love that smile already. 

Woah-ho Ruby chill. You literally just met her today. But when I look at her everything just feels okay. Sorta secure. Like I can relax around her. Not like any other girl I've been with. Oh crap. What if she isn't into girls? Have I been reading this all wrong? Okay, calm down Ruby. Relax. We're here to party and have a good time.

...

We arrive at the party which wasn't hard to find. Booming music at 10 pm in a relatively quiet neighborhood was easy to spot. I turn off my car and get out to help Sapphire out. I hold out my hand which she takes and gracefully gets out. I close the door behind her and lead her inside. Let's just hope and pray that this party doesn't turn out like that last one.

I was about to say something when Sapphire's mood changes after searching the already large crowd. "Oh, I see Pearl! She came. I'm going to head over okay?" I nod, slightly disappointed. She heads over to Pearl and greets her. After I've made sure she's okay I decided to get myself a drink. I have so many nerves right now. 

Jasper is at the bar, flirting with a girl, running her finger down her face like she always does when she's about to make her move. It'd be funny to ruin that for her. I smirk devilishly. I very obnoxiously call out to her. "Hey Jasper, remember that chick from last night? She was CRAZY wild, we should totally call her up again. Have some more fun?" The girl looks at Jasper with some disgust, scoffs, and walks away. 

"Hey no wait!" She sighs angrily and turns to me. I'm still trying to keep a straight face but can't anymore. I just bust up laughing at her reaction. "What the actual fuck Flame?" Jasper is furious and I can't keep myself from crying. "You shoulda- HAHA- you should've seen your face! Oh my god you looked so desperate- AH hahaha!"

Jasper punches my arm a little too hard before starting to mix herself a drink. Once I cool down I sit on one of the stools. "Cranberry vodka? Mix me on too. But with Pepsi?" She looks at me weirdly and still a little angry. "Please?" I ask sincerely, stretching out the word. She sighs and gets another cup. 

"You're a fucktard you know that right? A flaming fucktard," she says as she passes my drink in a red plastic cup. 

"It was just a little payback for earlier,"I reply vaguely. I look at my cup. Should I drink this? Sapphire is here and I still want to spend some time with her. What's one drink? I'll be fine, just a little buzzed.