First Date

~Ruby's POV~

7:00pm

It's finally Saturday night! AND I have a date with the very beautiful Sapphire and I seriously can't contain my excitement! I've been bouncing around all day which my dad didn't like at all earlier during the meeting. But I couldn't care less.

This week has been pretty good so well. On Tuesday during class we sat together, laughing the whole period at the substitute who sounded out the P's in Sapphire's name all class. We kept making him same her name over and over by Sapphire raising her arm to give the answers. The whole class was dying. It felt like a mini victory.

On Wednesday, Ames and I sat with Sapphire and her friends. I met Peridot for the first time. I think she's Lapis's girlfriend but not. Amethyst reassured me that she did not, in fact, Fuck Pearl, only give her a hickey. They looked pretty close.  Sapphire came to watch me at practice which was a little awkward because at one point she cheered for me and like, you don't cheer at practices so everyone looked in her direction. She was so red from blushing. It was adorable.

Thursday I had to miss school for... things.

But when Friday came Sapphire immediately ran to hug me. It's like she missed me or something. I wasn't able to contact her all Thursday which sucked. We ended up having an incident at lunch though. Apparently, a few girls who liked me were jealous that Sapphire was spending so much time with me when I wouldn't "give them the time of day". Which was true. But in my defense, I'm not their clock! 

Unfortunately, they pulled a Glee and threw a slushie on Sapphire. I was so angry I nearly got into a fight with the girls there. I didn't have time to though because yeah Sapphire was covered in freezing red flavored ice. We went to the locker room and I helped her wash it out of her hair which was incredibly soft. Her shirt was ruined so she wore my baseball jersey for the rest of the day. Which made those girls even more jealous and ME incredibly happy. She looked really good in it. We skipped 5th period since there was another sub and sat in the empty locker room. We talked about how cliche the whole ordeal was. She wasn't really that mad about it. "It was bound to happen," she said. 

But nooooow I'm on my way to pick Sapphire up. I asked Amethyst to help with an outfit since I have no idea what to wear on a nice date. I've gone on dates before don't get me wrong but I didn't really care how I looked around them. They were all shallow anyways. But Sapphire deserved the best sides of me. So Ames ended up putting me in a leather jacket,  a simple t-shirt, and some black jeans with my vans. She said not too fancy since it's not a formal date.

I pull up to Sapphire's house around 8 after she texted me the address. "Okay. Don't be lame. Don't stutter. Be confident. You've got this Ruby. Ruby Charlyne Burns. She'll love this. Make her happy."

I get out the car and knock on her door. Is her dad gonna answer and give me the talk? Is her mom gonna answer and invite me in for tea and ask a million questions? Wait do her parent's know she's gay? Was I supposed to wait in the car? What if-

The door swings open. Sapphire is standing there wearing a dark and light blue striped shirt and a black skirt. Her hair is down and tamely curled with her bangs covering her eyes as usual.

"Hey, you uh you look beautiful." Shit, I stuttered.

"Thank you. You look nice as well." She says, looking at my outfit. A small smile forms on her face as she walks out and locks her door.

"Did your parent's want to meet me before we left? I don't want to seem rude for not introducing myself."

"Nope." The door lock clicks. 

"Oh. Do they uh know that you're into girls?" I wasn't sure if I was the problem.

She thinks for a moment before responding. "Yes, now let's go shall we." She heads to my car.