chapter 21: harry's return

Three months later...

It is now early May. The last three months have been fairly uneventful villain-wise, but so much has changed.

Spiderman has become an icon of the transgender community, with merchandise shops, fan groups, and websites. Of course, some transphobic people have rebelled against me, and are now calling me Spidergirl, surprisingly, Jameson is not one of those people.

I personally have changed a lot as well. My voice has deepened quite a bit, and I'm noticing that I'm beginning to develop more hair around my arms and legs, and a bit of peach fuzz around my chin, that isn't that noticeable, but still.

It's been almost half a year since Ben died, May is doing better and better, thankfully. It keeps a weight off my shoulders knowing that she is ok. However, no matter what I do, I won't ever forgive myself for that night.

We moved into the apartment which is very small, but at least she can afford it. She dropped a job, and now is working full time with one job, which means I can see her more often, and before I almost never saw her at all.

Gwen, MJ and I were sitting on the bleachers outside the school on our lunch break, when we saw a person walking across the field, alone.

"Who's that?" I asked through a mouthful of salad.

"That's disgusting." MJ gave me a 'look', and turned back to the person. "But, I'm not so sure. I can't tell, they're looking down."

The person made their way closer and closer, and lifted their head. They spotted us, and grinned.

"HARRY!" Gwen, MJ and I all shouted in unison, and leaped up from the bench. I ran down the metal steps, and Harry jogged towards us.

"Harry, oh my god!" I gave him a huge hug with a giant smile on my face.

"Hi guys! I missed you so much." He said and gave Mary Jane a squeeze.

"How have you been!?" MJ squealed with a giant smile on her face.

"It's been so lonely without you guys, you're like my only friends." He pouted and I rolled my eyes. "No, but really, the whole time I was counting down the days until I could see you guys again."

"Really? You weren't having a blast in Calabasas, chilling with all the celebrities?" I asked with a snort.

He raised his brows at me. "Uh, woah."

"What?"

"Your voice, it's so different! Who's mans is this?!" He grinned and I felt my face flush.

"That was cringeworthy, but still." I giggled, and he put his arm around my shoulder.

"How have things been with you? How's your..." Gwen paused and bit her lip. "How's your dad?"

Harry's cheerful smile turned into a frown. His eyes fluttered to his feet, which were tapping against the grass. "I don't know. I haven't seen him recently. I miss him a lot." I immediately felt a pang of guilt run through my body. This really was all my fault.

I bit down on my lip, and looked up at him with a smile. "Well, you're back. And if you're back, wouldn't that mean you get to see your father too?"

Harry shrugged. "To be honest, I'm not so sure... I hear he's somewhere in Europe right now."

"Why?" Gwen asked. Being in Europe wasn't an uncommon thing for Harry and his father, but that was normally for work purposes.

"He's being questioned by some people. I have no idea who. Like I said, I haven't seen him in months. I haven't even heard from him at all."