chapter 26: shit goes down at midtown

Deadpool let his hand fall from my cheek, and brushed against my shoulder, lightly as he did so.

My stomach flipped at the touch, and I felt my cheeks flush.

"Are you ok now?" He asked softly, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I just... I can't believe that he's alive. It doesn't seem possible." I folded my hands on my lap. "I saw him. I saw him die. He got shot, like three times and collapsed onto the ground, dead. In a pool of his own blood." I shuddered at the image implanting itself in my mind.

"So, uh, what happened between you two? If I may ask?" Sprite asked, and put a hand on her hip.

"Um, it's a very long story."

"We have all day, you can tell us if you're comfortable with it." Deadpool said.

I inhaled and fiddled with my gloves. "O-ok."

Then, I told them everything.

Everything from the very beginning, since my father and Eddie Brock's father worked on the suit. Our friendship which faded over time, and then we met up again. Him showing me the suit, and I snuck in to finish it. Realizing that was a mistake, and destroying the suit. Him getting the second suit, and trying to kill me, then him getting shot. I told them it all.

"Oh my God." Sprite said after I finished my ten minute rant.

"That's fucking crazy." Deadpool muttered under his breath.

"Well if that's the case, there's no way we can ask you to do what we'd hoped." Sprite said, and shared a look with him.

"No. I have to." I said. "Venom is my accident. It is my responsibility, and I have to be the one to fix it. I can't let you guys be the ones to fight it when it's my fault."

"You do know it's now on a team, right? With five others? You fight one of them, you fight all of them, and damn, you'd have to be crazy to fight all of them, let alone on your own."

"If it means fighting all six, then am I crazy to believe that I have to do it?"

"Yes!" they both said in unison. "These guys are the most insane villains you'll meet! One's a fucking hunter from the jungles, one is a madman with four robotic arms attached to his back, and then theres another guy made of pure fucking electricity, and another dude with razor sharp wings attached to his arms, who can also fly! You can't possibly fight them on your own! Only one of them is actually your responsibility-"

"Two."

"What? What do you mean?" Sprite asked with a worried tone.

"Norman Osborn, the Goblin, used a serum on himself. He tried to replicate my powers, and then it turned him into the monster he is now. He used the same venom that gave me my powers, but it must have had a seriously different effect on his blood or something, because he clearly didn't turn out like me."

"Bullshit. That's not your fault, that's clearly his fault! He was the one who chose to inject himself with the stuff." Deadpool said angrily. "You're not fighting them alone, and that's final. You'll come to the school with us, and we will discuss a plan, and attack in a couple days or something."

"No, I can't wait that long."

"We only need a few days-"

"I don't HAVE a few days!" I shouted, and they fell silent. "Look, you... you guys don't know Venom. It's dangerous. I need it contained as soon as I can, and if that means going today to find it, then hell, I'm doing today to find it. If it's alive, and out there, the more seconds I waste doing nothing, the more seconds it gains to attack the people that I care about."