Chapter 1

My name is Ava and I'm 25 years old. Honestly, I've had a pretty shitty life so far. My family moved around a lot because of work, so I never had the time to find real friends. Then my parents divorced and lived in different countries. So ever since my 10th birthday, I've lived in Chicago with my dad in the summer and then in London with my mum for the school year. I somehow was never lucky when it came to love. Too many broken hearts to bear. Then when my dad died last August, I thought I couldn't take it anymore. But there was one thing that has kept me going all these years...music. Especially The Script's music. I've never had the money to see them live, but now I finally can. After 12 long years I can finally see them...

I have my own flat in London, a job and my freedom. I want a fresh start. No more drama. I got concerts tickets to see the lads in two days. Two more days, after 12 years of waiting. I know every song from their 6 albums by heart...It was my medicine to listen to their songs. When I was overwhelmed by my emotions, I'd turn to their music for support, just like today...

I was sitting in the park, alone as always, thinking about my life. I was listening to The Script music, but I couldn't hold the tears back anymore...it was too much to take. What did I do to deserve this life?! Suddenly a man sat down next to me, I turned away, embarrassed by my tears. I was expecting him to flirt or make fun of me, but he just sat next to me and asked: "Are you ok?"
Why did he care? I was just some ugly girl on a park bench, crying about her fucked up life.
"Does it look like it? Why do you even care?" I asked. "I'm just a stranger in the park, go live your life and don't worry about me..."
But the man stayed. For a few minutes he said nothing. He could've left. I wouldn't have known. I didn't dare look at him. Didn't want to give him any attention. After a while, he said:
"If you would have talked, I would have listened. I care. No stranger, no girl, nobody deserves to be sad. I'm sorry for whatever's hurting you. But you'll heal over time. It sounds impossible, but I understand. I could've been here for you. It's your choice..." He sat there for a while longer, then I heard him get up and walk away. I raised my head from my hands and saw the last glimpse of him as he turned around the corner. He was a tall man with dark hair and a black leather jacket, not what expected to see. I turned my music up and looked up at the sky. Oh where is that someone sending out flares to me? I have no one. No one. I was really alone. The only thing keeping me alive was music. I sat in the park until sunset.

It was a rainy night in March. To escape the rain, I went into my favourite bar on my way home. That's where I saw him again. From behind. The guy from the park. Dark hair and a leather jacket. He looked so familiar. I considered walking up to him, but then I saw that he wasn't alone. His friends were there too. They all looked familiar, but I was too tired to think. I sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As I waited for the storm to pass, I thought about actually talking to the guy. Was it worth the risk? I mean I could just thank him and walk away. I didn't have to ask him out or anything. But would he even recognize me? I decided to go talk to him. What did I have to loose? My heart couldn't break any more, it was already shattered.

I finished the last of my drink, gathered all of my courage and walked up to him. I stood behind him and said: "Excuse me sir, I don't know if you remember, but you really helped me today in the park and I wanted to thank you..." He turned around and his eyes met mine. Now I recognized him. How did I not recognize him before? Danny O'Donoghue was sitting in front of me and was looking into my eyes. Mark and Glen were sitting right behind him looking puzzled. I couldn't talk at first. I was so starstruck, my idols were in front of me all looking at me. Then I realized that Danny probably wasn't the guy in the park, he couldn't have been. "I'm so sorry!! I must've mistaken you for someone else..." I said and ran out into the rain, tears of embarrassed running down my cheeks.

Outside I just leaned against the wall. Why did I even have hope? I met my idols and totally embarrassed myself. I saw the door open and someone step out into the rain. It was Danny. I thought about walking away, but what was the use? I've always dreamed of meeting him, now was my chance. "Hey you!" He yelled through the rain. "Why did you leave? It was me! I was the guy in the park today. I care! So please go home or come inside and talk to me, you're gonna get sick out in the rain!" Danny O'Donoghue talked to me today. He wanted to help. I ignored him. I was so stupid. Silently I nodded and followed him inside, too shy to talk.

We sat down at the bar again and the lads started to introduce themselves. Of course I knew them, but I just smiled. They all looked at me after they were done talking and I realized that I hadn't introduced myself yet. "I'm Ava." I said. "And Danny, even though you might care, I don't feel like talking about it. It hurts and I can't relive the pain every day..." He nodded understandingly. We chatted for a while and before I knew it, it was midnight. "I have to go..." I said quietly. "I'm at a concert tomorrow and I have to be there early for the queueing..." I don't know why I didn't say it was their concert. "Oh we also have a concert tomorrow!" Glen said. "We'll walk you to your taxi" He said with a smile. Such a charmer...

15 minutes later I was laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling in the dark. I couldn't believe what just happened. I talked to my idols, my heroes, The Script, for 3 hours. I fell asleep smiling, for the first time in years, excited for the day to come...