Chapter 17

Danny and I had decided that he'd move in with me. It was for the best. And it worked perfectly at first. But then problems started coming up...

With all my heart, I wished Danny would improve, I tried my hardest. I stopped working when he came home and I avoided talking to Mark. But I don't know if he really care about what I told him. And I told him again and again and again. And every time he saud he'd change. And he never did, only has drinking had improved a bit.

"Ava..." Danny asked one night, while we were sitting on the couch. "Why did you drink my last beer?" Seriously, he was making drama caus of beer? "I was thirsty, sorry." I said and continued reading. "You know we don't talk much anymore lately..." I said after a while. "Uh-huh" Dany replied, looking at his phone. "Like right now you're on-" I peered over his shoulder. "-Twitter talking to fans, instead of me, your girlfriend... They probably feel so special..." "Yeah I love to see them happy." Danny replied, smiling. Them? I need attention too? "Why don't you want to make me happy? I'm trying to talk to you too! And I should be more important!" I said, raising my voice. Danny dropped his phone and said: "Yeah ok, let's talk Ava." Ugh!!! "See? You don't even know how to properly talk anymore..." He looked confused first then angry. "Well maybe cause I never get to talk!! It's always YOU and YOUR problems! YOUR drama! YOUR book! YOUR family! And what albout me?" He angry. And so was I. "Danny you talk way more than me and you know it!!" He always talked about random thay I only listened to cause I loved him so much! "Oh yeah? Because as far as I can remember, I listen to hours of bullshit? What do I care about guitars or what picture a fan drew of you or what joke Glen didn't laugh at 8 years ago. You just never talk aboht what's on your mind. You block me out!! And when I ask what's wrong, you tell me not to worry and I never push you to talk, but I wonder...do you not trust me or why are blocking me off? You can accuse me of not listening if you don't talk!" "Well you always work!! And you're jealous of everyone I talk to?! Do you not believe me when I say I love you?" He shouted jumping up. I jumped up too and replied bitterly: "Honestly Danny...idk what to believe anymore!" And walked out. "Ava! Don't you dare walk out one me!" He warned. Why? So he could insult me more? I wanted to leave, but I couldn't go. Something was holding me back. I turned around furiously, knocking my elbow on the door.

"Danny we were happy... and your stupid fame ruined everything!!!" It always hurt him to attack his career. "And your new full time job is not a problem?! All you do is work all day. No more dates, nothing." "So that's all a relationship is about for you? You told me to follow my dreams, now I am and you HATE it?!" I was hurt. I wanted this to end. These fights. It was too much. "I thought I knew you, but now I see, you're just like every other girl Ava... Can't see what you're doing wrong! It's always my fault!! Well guess what? If this falls apart, it's yours and you have to live with guilt every time you listen to the song I wrote about you. And then you'll come crawling back cause all you EVER wanted me for was the fame..." "Danny that's not true. I love you. But if you see it that way, then you're just like every other man I've dated...An asshole!" Pain shot through his eyes. And tears of anger were streaming down my cheeks. "So you're saying that I cheat on you and rape you and..." Danny shook his head in disbelief. "I thought you loved me Ava. I was the one who always told you that this was 100% real from day one. No lies. But if that's what you think of me and if you still can't trust me after a year... Then maybe liked it better when you were still sad and depressed, when you needed me because I'm starting to feel like you don't anymore. That I was just there to cheer you up and that I'm left over now."

That was too much. He wished I was depressed again?! What was fucking wrong with him? So he likes the thought of his girlfriend crying herself to sleep every night, hating herself, wishing she was dead? He wanted the emptiness back? "FUCK YOU DANNY!" He was shocked, but angry at my sudden outburst.  "I HATE YOU! GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HOUSE! AND DON'T EVER COME BACK!" I screamed at his face. He'd crossed a line and there was no going back. "I WON'T! I DON'T NEED TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T WANT ME!" He threw his keys in my face and ran off, slamming the door behind him. Asshole.

I screamed in agony and threw myself onto my bed. I wasn't gonna let this hurt me. I wasn't gonna let him win. He promised not to hurt me, but he did. He lied. Two promises broken. And it did hurt. How could I hate someone so much, but be so deeply in love with them at the same time? I instantly regretted everything I said, but there was no going back...and who knows, maybe it was for the better after all...

An hour later, I decided to go out. Alone. I dragged myself to Danny's and my bar and sat there in tears, memories flooding over me. Danny... I don't know how much I drank. I don't know how long I sat there, but at some point I went homend fell asleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. 3pm. The memories of the night before came flooding over me. "What?" I grunted.  I was hungover and broken, not in the mood to talk. "Ava? Thank god you finally picked up! This is Glen!" Glen. Ugh. Glen means The Script which means Danny.  "What do you want?!" I said annoyed. "It's Danny..." I knew it. "TELL THAT ASSHOLE TO FUCKING LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screeched. "Oh, you fought..." Glen said thoughtfully. He didn't tell him? Then he added: "That explains it... I'm afraid he's doing exactly that. Nobody has heard of him since yesterday morning. Danny's gone...and you know what happened last time he disappeared..."

FUCK.  This should've have happened. I never meant this. I loved him. Waves of regret threatened to drown me. Danny... What had I done?! Suddenly I got a text...from Danny?

I'm doing as you asked. I'm leaving. I'm never ever coming back. There is no use.  I'm at the airport. I bought a random plane ticket and I'll be gone then, no coming back. Goodbye Ava.