Twenty-Six: Their hearts

The fighting stopped.

An emotional pierce went through Master Fu's heart. He knew what just happened. 

Ladybug grabbed her stomach as Riposte's sword exited her body. With her hands covered in blood, she fell to her knees, no screams, but her eyes wide open in shock. Cat found his feet as fast as he could and ran to her. He caught her back in his eyes before the rest of her body hit the floor. Hawkmoth had stopped. He never planned for this to happen. 

"Tikki spots off," Marinette managed to say, before closing her eyes. Tikki flew out and started shivering on the ground. The piercing hurt her too. 

"Marinette? Marinette, look at me!?" Cat cupped her cheek and moved her head towards him, tears strolling down his cheeks. Her breaths were shortening quickly as each one of Cat's tears fell on her face. Le Paon scrambled over and tried to do something helpful. She turned around to see Hawkmoth just standing there. 

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" she shouted at him.
"ARE YOU HAPPY?!"

He clenched his jaw. With a snap of his fingers, all the akumas left the villain, transferring everyone back to their normal selves. 

"Mari, Mari, come on babe, stay with me," he ran his fingers through her dark hair, waiting for her to respond. Blood was still rushing out of her stomach though. 

"Adrien, darling, praying isn't going to help, she needs an ambulance," Le Paon patted him on the shoulder. 
"Duusu, feathers fall," Emilie reappeared and walked over to Hawkmoth.
"Gabriel, if you love any one of us, you will call an ambulance and stop this madness!" she shouted, staring him harshly in the eye. He stared back at her. 

'She was right,' he thought.

"Nooroo, dark wings fall," he mumbled. At that moment, all the villains in the streets transformed back into themselves, all dazed and confused. Gabriel walked over to Marinette and scooped her up bridal style. 

"FATHER WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" Adrien's voice cracked as he screamed at him.

"Finally helping," he answered quietly. Gabriel brought Marinette, Adrien and Emilie to the surface. Gabriel took Marinette to the nearest bed, Adrien's. He set her down, her eyes fluttering as the pain in her stomach worsened. Gabriel took the phone and called the ambulance, then Marinette's parents. But he also made one more phone call. 

The police. 

Adrien sat beside Marinette and started caressing her knuckles. 

"A-a-dri-i-en," Marinette managed to say. 

"Shhhhh, focus on your breathing, it will be ok, Mari, I promise," Adrien said, tears down his face. Marinette's shirt was all bloody and her skin was becoming paler by the second. 

"I-it will be alright Adrien," she whispered, opening her eyes. 
"I love you, Kitty," she smiled.

"No, no, don't speak like that, you're going to be alr-"

"Adrien!" Mari blurted out. They looked into each other's eyes. 

At that moment, Adrien knew her fate. 

He leaned down and kissed her lips softly, being careful not to hurt her anymore. She moved her lips with him, holding his hand while he held back. Adrien felt tears on his cheek while he parted his lips and moved them to match her strength. But then Adrien felt his worse nightmare. 

Her hand had let go of his.

Her lips were still.

Her face was cold. 

He pulled his face away to examine the sight. Marinette's head tilted back slighting and her eyes were shut.

"Marinette?" he leaned his, cupping her cheek.
"MARI!? MARINETTE!?" he cried, but no answer. He checked the pulse on her wrist.

She was gone. 

"No," he whispered. 
"M'lady, don't leave me!" His hands covered in her blood, he held her tight. He didn't care about the mess, he just wanted his bugaboo back. Emilie saw the sight and rushed over to her son. She forced him away from Marinette and held her son tightly. He cried into her chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Emilie was crying too. she kissed the top of Adrien's head then looked up and saw Gabriel. The shock in his eyes. 

Her husband was a murderer. 

Emilie's glistening eyes met Gabriel. She saw sorrow, guilt, pain, anger and sadness. That is when she heard sirens outside. 

The Ambulance.

The Police.

The Dupain-Chengs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 Months Later

Adrien sat in his room on his phone, looking through his camera roll. 

It had been 6 months since Marinette's death, and 6 months since his father was locked up for being Hawkmoth and murder. 6 months since the announcement that Marinette was Ladybug, Paris's Hero. 

But no one knew that Adrien was Cat Noir.

Or that Emilie was Le Paon. 

Adrien flicked through his camera roll, looking at pictures of him and Marinette, laughing, kissing, holding each other. So many people had tried to get Adrien out of the house, live a little, but nothing seemed to work. 

He just wanted his Marinette back. 

His m'lady, his bugaboo.

Adrien was The Dark Butterfly his father kept from the world. 

But now. It was time for all that to change...

Miraculous: A Dark Butterfly

The End!

-

-

-

- A/n 

hey guys. So that's it, the end of the book. 

Sorry for the unsatifying ending, not all books have a happy ending, right?

Anyway my next book will be a Loki x Reader book, so stay tuned for that.

But don't worry, after that

This book will have a sequel :)

But you will have to wait for that. 

Thank you so much for 2000 + reader and over 200 vote and comments! That is awesome. 

I know the book is finished but make sure to vote and comment on each chapter!

You guys are amazing

Thank you once again

Mwah 💋