✿ e i g h t ✿

t a e h y u n g

I sheepishly pushed Jungkook away, making him hiss in pain as he hit the wall.

I apologized to him and the boy who was still waiting outside the lift as I dragged Jungkook out.

"Sorry about that," I said, chuckling nervously. He smiled back. "It's all good."

He pressed a button and with that, the doors closed.

"My room?" Jungkook said, nodding towards his dorm. I nodded.

I would never go to my room voluntarily.

j u n g k o o k

I put up my poster of G-Dragon on my wall carefully, making sure the surface didn't crease and that the placing was absolutely perfect.

I stepped back, smiling in satisfaction.

I turned to look at Taehyung, who was sleeping soundly on my bed, being both mentally and physically tired.

Just then, I heard the door to the dorm room open.

"Hello?" Hoseok's voice filled the entire room. I winced at the loud noise and looked over at Taehyung.

Thankfully, he was still sound asleep.

I quietly exited the room and into the living room.

"Hobi hyung?"

He turned at me with concern in his eyes.

"Are you both okay?" He asked. "You both took off so soon, I was worried we scared you off."

I smiled softly at his genuine concern for us, even though we've only just met.

"We're fine. Just..." I trailed off, not knowing how to phrase "you're friends with a boy who bullied my soon-to-be-boyfriend back in high school and burnt his arm with a cigarette. It's no biggie" nicely.

"Just?" Hoseok snapped me out of my thoughts, egging me to finish my sentence. But I forced a smiled and dismissed it with a wave of my hand.

"Nothing."

Hoseok didn't look very convinced, but nodded uncertainly.

"Right... Anyway, where is your bo- friend?"

"In my room. He's staying the night, if you don't mind."

Hoseok shook his head. "No, of course not."

"I just came back to check on you guys. Since you're..." He paused. "Fine, I'll be heading off now. Got some things to do."

And with that, he left the room, the keys jingling as he spun it around his fingers.

I turned around and went back into my room, crawling into my bed and under the covers with Taehyung.

I gently pried the pillow he was hugging and turned him around so that he was facing me and wrapped his arms around me instead.

"Kook?" He mumbled groggily, his voice dry and hoarse.

"I'm here, Tae." I smiled at him as he snuggled his head into my chest cutely, his hair tickling my chin.

"Go back to sleep."

"You don't need to tell me twice." I couldn't see him, but I could tell that he was smiling before nodding off again.

It was moments like this that truly made life less shittier, and I silently thanked Taehyung for that as I kissed the top of his head.

"I love you."