✿ e i g h t e e n ✿

^ © to the owner of the picture

j u n g k o o k

I'd somehow escaped from the officer's questioning session. And thankfully, during that time, Yugyeom had managed to get the nurse to tell us where Hoseok went.

So off we went.

I called Hoseok's phone several times, but never got an answer.

As I was calling him one last time, I heard the sound of ringtone bouncing off the walls in the corridor.

Yugyeom and I looked shot each other a look of confusion before deciding to follow the noise.

We turned a corner and saw a phone lying on the ground, the lit screen illuminating the hallway.

I jogged up to it and picked it up, squinting my eyes as o scanned the screne.

The caller ID displayed my name.

"If Hoseok's phone is here, then where is he?"

—❀—

h o s e o k

The bullet missed me by an inch, darting through the air and hitting the wall behind me.

I tried to steady my breathing, all the while wondering if Yoongi had missed on purpose or accident.

"I don't want to shoot you, Hobi. Please. Just leave—"

"Not without Taehyung," I said, putting my hands up in defeat as I slowly approached Yoongi.

Yoongi backed further away from me, his eyes cold as he stared at me.

"This wasn't part of the plan." He pressed the muzzle against the side of a still confused Taehyung's head, the corner of his lips curving into a sadistic smile.

"This was."

Taehyung let out a whimper, which made Yoongi's grip on the boy's hair tighten. The cloth that had been covering Taehyung's eyes was now stained with tears.

"Plans can change," I said in a pleading tone, daring a step closer. "Have you even heard his side of the story?"

Yoongi's expression faltered, and his grip on the gun loosened.

"I never bothered to."

He was now staring at the gun and Taehyung, remorse and guilt flooded his eyes.

"I was just... so angry at him, I never bothered to wonder why he killed Jimin. I just assumed it was out of jealousy."

"Yoongi, the boy would never kill his own brother over a petty crush. He loved that boy as much as you did."

Yoongi looked so broken, a wave of memories suddenly crashing down on him.

The day Jimin died.

It was as if he was reliving it, except he was the one who was going to kill the one he treated like a brother.

All of the sudden, the door to the rooftop opened, and there stood Jungkook and Yugyeom.

I turned to look at their stunned expressions, unable to comprehend the scene that was unfolding in front of them.

Jungkook's eyes immediately fell on Taehyung.

"Taehyung!" He yelled, running towards him. Yugyeom followed him and crouched next to him, placing his fingers on Taehyung's neck, looking for a pulse.

Jungkook turned to me and opened his mouth to say something, but his eyes widened, staring behind me.

"Watch out!" He yelled, pushing me onto the ground and rolling to the side while grabbing Yugyeom's shirt to pull him down as well.