Chapter 11

"Relax, Brittany. It's okay," Santana whispers slowly into Brittany's ear, her breath is warm against her skin and it stirs Brittany awake. Tiredly, Brittany opens her eyes even though it feels as if she has slept for a hundred years and is beyond well rested. Her bearings are hazy at first, but when she regains her sight she immediately notices Santana hovering over her whose cheeky smirk reaches from ear to ear and whose eyes are bright with excitement despite the dully lit room. "Sleep well?" Santana giggles and covers her mouth shyly to hide away her amusement. Brittany tries to raise her arms to itch the remains of sleep in her eyes but an unfamiliar force stops her from doing so.

"San... Santana wh-where's my hands?" Brittany croaks, still waking up. Santana breaks out into another giggle and shakes her head in awe.

"You're lying on them behind your back, silly." Santana watches completely engrossed with Brittany who soon realises that she is being straddled. Brittany blinks widely in surprise which only adds fuel to the fire as Santana throws her head back in laughter.

"What time is it? Are we late for school? How long have I been sleeping for?" The room is still dark and the night is long from over but Brittany spews out the questions as she struggles to free her arms from under her back.

"Shh..." Santana quickly presses a finger against Brittany's lips causing her to freeze. She waits a couple of seconds for the panic to set in but it never arrives. She doesn't feel the tingles that set fire to her body; her heart doesn't begin to beat at a rapid pace nor can she feel her muscles cramp up like they usually do. As Santana's cold finger brushes against her lips, Brittany doesn't feel threatened or frightened, only exhilarated. "See," Santana whispers again with a victorious smile as she leans closer to Brittany. "I knew you could do it." Brittany lies still, watching apprehensively as Santana's stoops down to her eye level, sitting only inches apart. "Close your eyes, Brittany," Brittany can feel Santana's warm breath against her face and it sends her blood pumping through her veins in a frenzy but only this time, it excites her . "Close your eyes," Santana says again and Brittany obeys, shutting them automatically. For a moment there isn't any movement between the girls and the dead silence causes Brittany to twiddle her toes inside her one-piece with anticipation. Finally, Santana slowly slides her finger across Brittany's lips and again but brushes her bottom lip with her thumb this time.

"So sweet," Santana whispers before taking her hand away and replacing them with her own, gentle lips.

Brittany's breath catches in her throat from the contact and Santana stays still for a moment to make sure that Brittany is comfortable. Brittany explores her lips, the way they taste, the way her bottom lip is shaped and the soft texture as she brushes against her. This is what Brittany wants and she opens her mouth wider to allow Santana to deepen the kiss.

Both of Santana's hands travel down to Brittany's waist as she draws circles with her thumbs on her hip bones and Brittany tries to shift her arms from underneath to get more comfortable but the more she tries to move, the firmer Santana's grip becomes on her waist as if Santana was intentionally trying to keep her still.

"Santana?" Brittany mumbles in between kisses, becoming wearier as the kiss becomes vigorous. Santana replies by biting Brittany's bottom lip and finally after having enough, Brittany manages wriggle her hands out from beneath her back and places a palm on each side of Santana's face to push her away. It's the grittiness of Santana's cheeks that tells Brittany that something isn't right. She trails her fingers lightly down Santana's jaw and is met with stubble that pricks away at the pads of her hands. Confused and slightly surprised, Brittany pushes Santana away forcefully and breaks the kiss as Santana falls back on to the bed.

The scratching sensation lingers against Brittany's face for a moment as she hesitantly opens her eyes again. Santana doesn't say a word and Brittany squints through the darkness to search for her but she is nowhere to be seen.