128. SPREAD LOVE

7/18/18

We're all fans of Shawn and we love him, right? We're lucky that we get to have this amazing guy in the world.

 So, I don't think that in the Mendes Army, we should be trying to "out-Shawn" each other

What I mean is that there shouldn't be any competition as to who is a "bigger" fan of Shawn! We all love Shawn and he loves us back. He loves us all the same and so in the fandom, we shouldn't be trying to prove who loves Shawn the most.

Honestly, it doesn't matter!

As long as you love, support and care for him then it shouldn't matter who knows the most about his life. I think that knowing everything about Shawn is REALLY creepy and you don't need to know every single detail about him to be a fan. Do you know everything about all your friends and families lives? Probably not every single detail and do you think they would be comfortable with you knowing everything? No. Which is why we should respect Shawn's privacy and be thankful for what we do know about him.

If you think about it, we only get like 50% of who Shawn is based off of interviews, shows, social media etc. The other 50% is private and I doubt anyone will get that other half of him as a fan.

Someone said that I once said in these books that I know everything about Shawn which you all need to know that I'm not serious when I say those types of things. I'm joking because I know that I can't know everything about him and some of you need to realize that you don't know everything about him either.

If you're talking about being a super fan or an extreme fan, without having the intentions to start a competition, then go for it! I think I'm a super fan of Shawn and I'm not ashamed to admit that! Who wouldn't be a big fan of this talented Canadian?

I know some of us know more about Shawn than others but no one should rub that in another person's face! Imagine if you rub that in a person's face who barely became a fan a week ago. You can't blame them for not knowing as much as you and you certainly can't blame them for recently joining the fandom!

Instead of bragging to those fans, be happy that there are more fans who support Shawn! Like the saying, "the more, the merrier!"

I know not everyone does this in the fandom so thanks to you! I wanted to make a chapter surrounding this... issue, I guess you can call it since I think a few of us need a reminder that being in the Mendes Army isn't about competition.

Being in the Mendes Army is about loving and supporting Shawn with other people who also share that love with him. We can count on each other, not just for things Shawn related but for everything in general. It's about making friends and opening up what you know.

If anytime in the past, I've done something like what I talked about in this chapter then I'm sorry. I think we all grow each day so if I said something like that in the past, it's because I didn't have the knowledge that I have today with that.

Thanks, Mendes Army for reading this book and supporting Shawn with me! I love you 💕 let's continue spreading love for Shawn and everyone!

I have a question now so that I can close up this chapter.

What does being in the Mendes Army mean to you?

💕💕💕