8

"It's okay, I will not let anything happen to you or Cal ever again." Chris says pulling me even closer.

"Thank you." I whisper into his chest.

"For what?"
"For being here" I say as I look up to meet his eyes.

He doesn't say anything else, he just smiles and as I close my eyes I feel him kiss my forehead.

•A FEW HOURS LATER, CHRIS' POV•
I wake up to see Mel still asleep in my arms, she looks so peaceful. I watch her sleep for a few moments until I hear Cal walking down the hallway.

"Hey bud, can sleep?" I ask as he walks over to me.
He doesn't say anything, just nods his head and shakes Melissa's arm causing her to wake up.

"Hey baby" she says still half asleep.

"Hmmm" Cal whines while lifting up her arm to lay with her. I watch them both as they fall back asleep and not long after I do too.

•THE MORNING, MELISSA'S POV•
I wake up to see that I am still laying in Chris' arms with Cal in mine. There was something so peaceful and calming about laying here in Chris' arms but that peacefulness was soon over when Cal started to stir causing Chris to also wake up.

"Good morning baby" I say as Cal turns around and put his arms around my neck, hugging me.

"Morning mama" He says while yawning. I tilt my head up to see Chris and he is just laying there smiling at us.

"Well you're quiet" I laugh.

"Well in that case, good morning" He says smiling.

Cal wiggles his way over to Chris giving him a hug.

"Morning bud, how did you sleep?" He asks Cal as he runs his fingers through his hair.

"Better when I got here" He says slowly.

"Well now that you two are awake maybe we can get up and make breakfast?" I ask hoping they will agree because I'm starving.

"pancakes?" Cal asks

"Yeah can we make pancakes?" Chris chimes in

"We can make pancakes, now c'mon they aren't going to make themselves!" I laugh as I get up and head over to the kitchen.