30

I wake up still tangled in Chris' arms and Cal no where to be seen.

I immediately sit up and look around.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chris mumbles as he starts to wake up.

"Did Cal come on last night? He's not here," I say panic filling my voice.

"No, not that I know of. Just go to his room and see," Chris replies sitting up.

I waste no time and practically run to Cal's bedroom. I open the door to see him curled up in his bed crying silently.

"Oh baby, it's okay," I say making my way over to him and pulling him into a tight hug.

"'Mama, don't make me go.." He sobs into my pyjama shirt.

"Baby, I know you don't want to go, I don't want you to go but if you don't we will get in big trouble and you might be taken away from me forever..." I reply starting to cry.

"I don't want that."

"I know.. neither do I, that's why we need to be tough and just accept that this is our lives now, okay?" I cry as I play with is hair.

"Okay..." he whispers into my embrace.

"Now lets go get Chris and we can maybe go out for breakfast?" I ask trying to shift his attention to something else.

"Can we stay home?"

"Sure baby, we can stay if you want."

"Can we go to dada?"

"Sure baby, come here," I say picking him up and walking back to mine and Chris' room.

"Heyy, bud," Chris smiles as we enter the room.

"Hiiii" Cal giggles reaching out his arms trying to make me walk to the bed faster.

"How are you feeling?" Chris asks as I put Cal on the bed. 

I look at Chris and shake my head, not wanting Cal to get upset about what's coming later.

"You hungry?" Chris adds quickly trying to cover his tracks.

"No" Cal replies flatly.

"That's okay, baby," I say sitting down on the bed next to the boys.

"When do we leave?" Cal asks looking between Chris and I.

"Not for a while, baby," I say pulling them both into a hug.

"Good."

"Why is that good, bud?" Chris asks messing up Cal's hair.

"'Cause I spend more time with you," Cal giggles.

"Ohhh I love you so much," I laugh pulling him into another hug.

——a few hours later——

"Cal, baby! Chris! It's time to- to head off!" I shout from the front door.

"Coming!" I hear Cal shout back.

"Be careful on the stairs!" I yell walking out to the elevator.

"Mama!!" Cal shouts from the front door

"Coming baby," I reply starting to make my way to our door.

"Aaanndddd here we go!" Chris laughs as he runs up behind Cal picks him up.

"Dada!!" Cal laughs

"Lets go down to the car," Chris says moving Cal to his hip and using his free hand to hold mine.