16

•After Getting Cal Ready For Bed..•
"So about what you were saying before.." Chris sighs as he sits down in the only clear space on the couch.

"Saying before what?" I ask completely clueless to what he was referring to.

"Right before we got Cal ready for bed?"

"Ohhh yeah... I remember." I giggle as I make my way over to him and stand in between his legs as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"So, I've given it some thought and I'll accept your offer" he smiles up at me.

"I'm glad to hear that you are making sensible choices, Mr. Wood" I laugh as I play with his hair.

"I have my moments" he chuckles.

"You certainly do" I giggle

I couldn't help but notice how he was just staring for a while with a stupidly happy grin on his face.

"What?" I laugh

"What do you mean, what?" He asks

"You're staring"

"Yeah.." he sighs, tilting his head to the side.

"Why?"

"You're so beautiful"

"I haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks, I look like an actual raccoon"

"A beautiful raccoon" He says sweetly, making me giggle.

"So I'm still a raccoon?" I laugh

"Yes, my beautiful little raccoon" He says as he pulls me closer.

"Oh no please don't tell me that's something you're going to start calling me" I place my head in my hands

"Well... now that you mention it" he smirks

"Noooooo" I whine

"Ugh I love you so much" he randomly says

"That's random, but I love you too. Also I'm tried" I say very matter of factly

"It's 9 how are you tried?"

"Have you seen what's upstairs?" I laugh

"As a matter of fact, I have seen what's upstairs. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms" he chuckles sarcastically.

"Oh, you know what I mean" I laugh as I shake my head. "But I'm tried and I want to go to bed"

"Awww poor little Melissa is sleepy" he mocks.

"Damn right, and I'm going to bed with or without you" I say as I start to make my way to the staircase.

@/arrowversetrash