15

"I'm back" Chris shouts as he walks through the front door with a very excited Drift. The first thing Drift did when Chris took him off his lead was run upstairs to try and find Farley, who was hiding in Cal's room.

"Driftt!!" I hear Cal laugh from his room.

"Hey" I say to Chris as he places the clothes he got from his place down on the table.

"Hey" he smiles and walks over to pull me into a hug. "Miss me?" He laughs.

"Oh soo much, I just couldn't function without you here" I say sarcastically, making him laugh more.

"How was Cal when he heard I left?"

"Oh Lord" I sigh as I put my head in my hands "it was terrible, he came out of his room screaming and crying"

"Well why don't we tell him I'm not going anywhere for a while?"

"Now? Are you kidding me?" I half laugh as I look up at him.

"Actually yeah, might want to get some sleep tonight"

"Yeah I'm not dealing with him being hyper all night unless.. you deal with it" I smirk, causing him to laugh.

"Oh hell no, we will tell him in the morning"

"Good, I'm glad you agree with me, but seriously don't mention anything at all because you know what he is like." I say as I start to walk into the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am" he chuckles.

"Never call me that again." I laugh

"Okay okay!" He puts his hands up in defence

"Good"

"Well I kind of need to start getting the couch ready, so get all your crap off it" He says as he nods his head towards all my stuff that's piled up on the couch.

"Hey! That is not crap, that's.. it's not crap okay?!" I giggle

"Well get whatever it is off my sleeping space!"

"Sleeping space" I mock

"Hey don't mock me, it's not a bed and it's the space where I sleep so, yes my sleeping space"

"Well, if you're moving in.. why still sleep on the couch?" I uttered

"Where are you going with this" he smiled

"Mama!!!!" Cal shouts from the doorway.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" I ask

His attention is quickly pulled from answering the question when he notices Chris standing behind me.

"CHRIS!" He screams with a massive smile on his face.

"Hey bud! See I'm back!" Chris laughs as he picks Cal up and spins him around causing Cal to go into a fit of laughter.

"Cal baby, it's late we need to start getting you ready for bed" I say as I run my fingers through his already messy hair.

"Whyyy I'm not sleepy" he complained

"You still need to get ready for bed, baby"

"Only if Chris comes with us" he ordered

"Oh you want me to come with you?" Chris asked

"Yes!" Cal giggles

"Okay you two, it's time to get ready for bed." I proclaimed.

@/arrowversetrash