Wise thoughts of Merlin

Merlin hadn't seen his daughter in the city lately so he goes to the spot he normal goes to meet up with Morgana to see what was going on. It was late at night and he spoke out, "Morgana I know you can hear me." It was quiet for a few minutes but Morgana does appear and looked at Merlin, "Miss me already? You know at this rate of courting we should already get married. After all we do have a child together." Since the night they found out the truth the pair had been seeing each other in secret. Putting their different views of the future aside and following their hearts instead. Most of all because of the child they share together it bonded them more than anything else. Merlin laughs and looked at Morgana, "While I did miss you that is not why I came, it is Rosaline. I have not seen her in the last few days, everything alright?" He asked worried about their child. Morgana sighs and looked at him, "She requested more training from myself, so we have been working nonstop. She will be back in a few days, do not worry." She said looking into his eyes, she goes to him and wraps her arms around him. Kissing his cheek she smirked, "She truly is a blessing Merlin. Thank you for her, Who knows maybe we should do that again." She said with a smirk before pulling away from him. Merlin raises his eyebrows and looked at her, "I will keep that in mind, But I do want to know something Morgana..." He begain and took a deep breath knowing it might start something. "If given the chance to live in peace, magic was free to use in Camelot but Arthur was king.. would you still fight for the throne?" Morgana looked at Merlin curiously, "Why do you ask this?" Merlin looked at her, "Because...Arthur knows I have magic. I am not dead, I am his advisor more than his manservent now. Magic isnt ask punished as it was before, only if used for bad is the punishment still the same. You doing what you are doing is the only reason people still fear magic." Morgana looked at him and looked away, "I won't answer that question." Merlin sighed and goes closer to Morgana and caresses her face, "I know the old you is still in there, your sister and Uther poisoned your good heart. They twisted your thoughts and feelings, these feelings are not your own." Morgana looked at him offended, "You do not know what you speak of, or my feelings toward things." Merlin laughs, "I do know, You have every chance to kill me but you do not. Our child questions you yet you do not kill her either. You care for us both, you could not kill Gwen, or Arthur even if you tried. We are to close to you, even if at times you wish us death you never fully go through with it. Look inside yourself Morgana, Maybe if you return to your old self you can strike a deal with Arthur. Split the kingdom in half, rule it together in peace. Think about it. Save yourself from loosing yourself to a war not needed, or worse..loosing our daughter." Morgana sighs and walks away and back home to their daughter, Merlin's words replaying in her head.