Chapter 6

"In the flesh" he said smiling. He does that a lot.

"I see you did your homework," I say

"And I get to see you again."

"You two know each other?" Kim asked

"Yes, Kim he was the one that stitched me up yesterday."

"Huh! So fate played the cards and all I had to do was sit back and relax. Perfect. I should go I need to scrub in on a surgery right now"

"Ok Kim bye" she smiled at me and walked out

"What happened to your arm this time? Blood is basically dripping from it"

"Well, the exact same thing but there were more slaps and punches. Oh and I wasn't drunk" he chuckled

"I don't think you're supposed to make hitting people a hobby you know"

"Well I can if they keep getting on my nerves and if it helps it was my brother this time"

"How is that any better?" he took off the bloody bandage and the view was not pretty. That will need many stitches. My hand was really hurt even the doctor had some scare in his eyes

"Can you fix it?" I asked worried

"Oh, of course, I can it's just going to need a lot of stitches and you will have to spend a couple of days here for monitoring."

"That was funny. I get I need the stitches but I don't need to stay here I have a company to run." He just stared "can't you do what you did yesterday?"

"I wish I could but yesterday you had a few cuts and some hurt knuckles. Today you have torn ligaments and broken bones. Am sorry but work will have to wait".

A few hours after some stitches, I got my results from the scans and they didn't look good. I had to get a cast for a while.

"Ms. Moretti I am ready to get on with the cast. And I thought you would want to go home tomorrow so I'll keep you here just for the night."

"Perfect thanks" I looked at my phone out of my purse and I realized work was calling. I called Jahid and he came up soon enough.

"I need you to do something for me because I'm not leaving till tomorrow" he looked me questioningly.

"Now is not the time Jahid. Back at my place in the guest room, there are some bags with labels on them. Get me the one that says hospital." He nodded and left. I decided since the doctor was quiet I could work with my good hand and phone. But I should have known better that he won't shut up.

"You have a bag packed for the hospital?" he asked. Curious guy

"No, I have a bag packed for every unexpected situation. I don't like people going through my stuff so I'm always prepared" I said looking back at my phone not interested in this conversation.

"Oh so it's like this kind of thing is your version of normal?" damn he is so nosy

"No, but like I said I have to be prepared" still looking at my phone. I quickly added before he could continue "you k ow my head hurts and I would like some quiet." I said trying to get him to shut up

"Ok am sorry for prying I'll shut up now"

Soon enough he was done

"So am done this sling will keep your hand in place don't move it unnecessarily. I'll order some pain meds for you so when the others expire you won't feel as much pain"

"I don't want any more painkillers but thank you. It's just a broken bone I can handle it."

"I don't think you know how much pain you will feel when you the meds wear off are you sure?"