Chapter 15

I landed at JFK at 1:30am. I am so tired. I just need to go home and crash. I really need to take a personal day. Since father died I haven't had day off work. Three years I worked none stop. I never wanted to take any because I felt like it was betraying father. Work was the only piece of him I had left. The only thing that kept me sane. I think the company can handle two weeks without me.

"Ma'am welcome home"

"Thanks, Jahid" I stepped into the car and we drove to my house. I decided to look at some of my emails from my assistant. I hadn't checked on then a lot since I left. She left a bunch of stuff about calling the publicist. I wonder what that is about now. I will call them later if it is so important.

Soon enough we got to my house and the doors were open for me. I walked in and started for the stairs but something caught the corner of my eye.

White roses!

I love white roses. They are so pure and well innocent. I bet they are from Aria. She might have thought this as funny but it really isn't. I will make sure to call her and thank her. Then I saw a note sticking out of the bouquet and I wanted to know what Aria wrote on it, I walked towards the bouquet and took out the note.

I opened it, my heart skipped a beat and that scared me. It was not from Aria, in fact it was not even from a lady.

It was from Nicholas.

I feel so excited. Why am I excited?

Because he is so darn charming

No, he is just a doctor. That's all he is to me

Keep telling yourself that.

My inner voice is always judging me.

I have never received flowers from a man and wanted to keep them until today.

I should call him and say thank you. Then it hit me that I haven't even read the card yet.

You sounded distracted on the phone so I wanted you to smile when you got home. I didn't know what you liked so I got white roses. Pure just like you. I hope you are smiling right now because that was my purpose. One more thing I am so excited for Saturday. It's the first of many nights to come.

How did he know these were the only flowers I liked at all. I should call him tomorrow and thank him. This is a very nice gesture. I put the flowers in a jar and placed then on my center table.

I know he is doing all this because he is excited about this date but the truth is so am I. This will be my first ever date. I am extremely nervous and I don't know how to act on a date. Most importantly he can never know that will be my first date.

I took a shower and was ready for bed by 3 am. I dozed off so easily. Lord knows I am tired.

My alarm rang at five but I was too tired so I snoozed it for six another hour of sleep will do me a lot of good. I was wide awake at six and I worked out before getting dressed for work.

I got to the office at eight sharp. Everything was in perfect order just how I like it. Something was strange though the reporters were outside my building again.

I went upstairs to my office. I had a pile of paperwork on my desk. Reasons why I hate leaving the office. I have a lot of catching up to do. I sat on my desk and started looking at all the paperwork for the Gorro deal. It was amazing how easy that was. I thought I would have to persuade him.

There was a knock at my door. Who could it be?

"Come in," I said not looking up.

"Good morning Ma'am. Welcome back. I have your itinerary for today" it was Mrs. Michelson