CHAPTER 22

Figuring out what to wear for a social outing with someone who doesn't want to make a deal with me is very stressful. I have a lot of self- confidence in terms of how I look and I know everything I wear I will look beautiful in, but tonight I am so stressed he is not going like what I wear. Or maybe it will not be casual enough. I mean give me a business meeting and I dress to impress or fighting some douche who tried to take advantage of a petite girl on the street I can handle, but casual isn't really my style. I mean I can be casual but casual for a date is something I know almost nothing about.

Why do I even care I mean this is just a way to say thank you to him for taking care of me back in Spain when I needed someone. Even though I could handle myself.

After about thirty minutes of sitting in my closet and staring, I finally settled for a pair of black skinny jeans and a spaghetti-strapped orange top. Now for the shoes, I remember the reason I wasn't downstairs with him the first time we were going out was that I needed to change my shoes. So I settled for sandals that matched my top. I curled my hair and let it flow down my back and my curls were so fluffy. One of the few things I thanks Alexis for, My hair and my boobs were her gifts to me.

I put on a little bit of lip gloss and mascara. I looked at my face in the mirror one last time before I left my bedroom. I heard Juanita open the door and exchange a few words with Nicholas while I was in the hallway. I started walking down the stairs and I spotted him almost immediately. He then looked up at me with a glow in his eyes that made me blush.

This is crazy right? I am blushing over the look in a guy's eyes.

He put his phone in his pocket and walked towards me not once leaving my gaze. He then stood at the foot of the stairs and waited for me like we were going to prom or something. His lips were slightly parted, he licked his lips and then they went back to being slightly opened.

"Close your mouth Nicholas, I mean flies and all, plus it is rude to stare." I smiled at him and now more than ever my accent was very firm almost as if I was flirting with him.

"I cannot help it, Chloe, you look ravishing." He looked at me slowly from my painted toes to my exposed shoulders and then my face. As if he was taking mental pictures. "You are so beautiful," he said after a while and extended his hand to help me down the last stair. I took his hand.

"Thank you!" I smiled at him and took a moment to admire him immediately the smell of his aftershave hit me. He was wearing a blue casual button-down shirt and some jeans. His hair was a little messy and man it was sexy as hell. I wanted so bad to run my hands through it.

"Didn't you say something about it being rude to stare?" he had that douche grin on his face that I found attractive.

"Don't you think we should get going unless you want to have your adventure date at my house."

"Yeah, we should go. We have a long drive out of the city."

"What do you mean out of the city?"

"Yeah it is a surprise so can we get going as you said. I don't want us to miss a single thing."

"Ok then. Let's go." Just then I realized he was still holding my hand and just like me he noticed my hand like he didn't know it was there. He then brought it up to his lips and kissed the back of my hand.

Those lips.

Those scrumptious lips.

So plump.

So pink.

Snap out of it Chloe.

"You are trying so hard to be charming eh?" I smiled at him

"You have no idea."

***********************************************************************************************

We have been driving for about an hour and he still isn't telling me where we are going.

"I am bored," I sound like a freaking baby.

"Well I tried talking but you're mad at me!"

"I mean if you didn't take my phone away I would be willing to talk to you," I said a little more playful than intended.

"If I didn't take your phone away you wouldn't even look up from that thing. That is what you did the first fifteen minutes of the drive."

"That's because I needed to send out some emails. Plus, I needed to hear from my mom. I haven't spoken to her in two days. It's not my fault you decided the drive to the mountains."

"You are going to love what I have planned in the said 'mountains' just be open to anything, would you. Besides first dates usually mean we get to know each other a little bit. Besides after this you might like what you know about me and fall madly in love with me." He takes his eyes off the road and looks at me, then he was back on the road.

"Don't play yourself, Doctor, this is just a one-time thing."

"Is that why you look extra beautiful tonight? huh? because you are not trying to impress me?" he smirked clearly flirting and getting his point across. but he was right. I did try to look nice tonight and deep down I do not want this to be a one-time thing but I also know that my life was too dangerous to care about other people more now than ever.

"Don't be smart with me, I always look nice." I looked at him for a second and I just wished he would stop trying so hard and know that I am the danger.

"Do me a favor Chloe, please just unplug from your head for one evening. Don't think about anything else but this doctor sitting next to you and a lovely night ahead of you. Can you do that for me tonight?"

At this point I can't really speak so I nod and try to take Juan away from my head, company matters away and family issues. Now is Nicholas time.

"Nicholas time," I whispered

"What was that?" he looked my way.

"Nothing. just making mental changes for the night as you requested. I am compartmentalizing," I said feeling a little pride that for the first time in a long time I am making an acquaintance and I am not worried about the consequences for the night.

MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD HELLO, 

FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO SAY I AM TRULY SORRY FOR JUST DISAPPEARING LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE. WRITERS BLOCK IS A REAL THING, MY FELLOW READERS. I HAVE BEEN HAVING A HARD TIME TRYING TO DEVELOP CHLOE AND NICHOLAS' RELATIONSHIP THE WAY I HAVE ENVISIONED IN MY HEAD. BUT NOW I AM BACK. I GOT A BREAKTHROUGH AND I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU ALL READ UPCOMING CHAPTERS. I KNOW YOU WILL LOVE IT. I JUST WANT TO APOLOGIZE AGAIN FOR KEEPING YOU ALL WAITING THAT LONG BUT MORE CHAPTERS WILL BE COMING SUBSEQUENTLY IN THE DAYS TO COME. 

ALSO, WE HIT THE 1K READERS MARK AND I AM MOIRE THAN HAPPY. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING AND JUST BEING HERE. Let's KEEP HITTING HIGH MARKS AND DO GREAT. LETS HIT THE 5K MARK OK GUYS. I KNOW WE CAN DO IT.

I LOVE YOU ALL FOR STAYING LOYAL TO ME AND I WILL DO WRITE BY YOU ALL.

LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO THE CHARACTERS:

CHLOE?

NICHOLAS?

JUAN?

ARIA?

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ALSO SHARE WITH FRIENDS. THANK YOU ALL MY LOVELIES HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY 

SHOUTOUT TO @Jasmine042404 FOR BEING SUCH AN AMAZING READER. YOU MOTIVATE ME.