Chapter 8: Becoming Familiar To Karma's Middle Finger

Hey guys! I've been somewhat consistent for the past 3 days! 3 whole days!!! Anyway I'm gonna stop before I explode into rainbows and sunshines, (Not really), and let you read.

Enjoy!
~Bhumi Sukha

............

I eventually reach the wall and quickly clamber over it. I fall on my knees on the other side, panting from the long run. My lungs are on fire and my legs are throbbing from the run.

'I shouldn't have exploded like that.' I think to myself as I stand up.

My legs are still throbbing, but I ignore them as I start to walk back into the school. I glance at the watch on my wrist and realize that I have 5 minutes to get to my next class. As I'm rushing to my locker, my messed up mind couldn't help but bring back the conversation in the tree house.

'Your signature isn't all that important!' Noah's voice in my head yells.

'Neither am I. I'm not important to anybody. No one cares.' A thought whispers in my head.

I shake my head to get rid of the thought. Of course they care, it's just that I couldn't believe that they don't see how important this is to me. I walk up to my locker, quickly exchange some of the books from my backpack, slam the locker door shut, and quickly make my way to my 3rd period class. AP American Government.

I quickly walk into the classroom and look around for a seat. I find a vacant one near the window and see that the one next to it is already taken by somebody else. Meaning that no one else can sit beside me. Since I have Riley in all I my classes today and I want to avoid her at all costs, I quickly sit down in the seat, muttering a hello to Mr. St. John as I make my way over to it.

I set all my stuff down and pull out my textbook and notebook. As I'm pulling them out, I notice who was sitting beside me and regret the decision instantly as my dark, black eyes, meet Alexander's icy blue ones.

'I swear I have a feeling that karma is definitely giving me the middle finger today. The question is... what in the world did I do to piss them off so much?' I think to myself.

I quickly break the mini staring contest that we seemed to be having, grabbed my stuff from my backpack, and sat up straight as I tried to not make eye contact at all with Alexander. I could feel him burning holes in the side of my head and I instantly feel annoyance build up inside me.

I quickly push it down and lower my head in an attempt to make myself seem shy and also let my ebony hair cover my face. I glance towards the door and just happen to make eye contact with Riley as she's walking through. I ignore the guilty look on her face and stare forward as Mr. St. John starts the class by telling us all to be quiet and making us watch the CNN News. I drown out everything as I begin to draw in my graffiti sketchbook secretly glancing around, to make sure nobody sees it, already hoping that this class ends.

............

Well there you go, another chapter! I'm feeling quite accomplished here so don't ruin the mood! Anyways, don't forget to please vote and comment. I really do appreciate it! Have a nice night or day, whenever you're reading this!
~Bhumi Sukha