Chapter 10: Unexpected!?

Hey guys! I'm back with more! And hopefully I don't go on hiatus again... I can't promise that I won't though. Anyway, I'm just gonna keep this short and let y'all read!

Enjoy!
~Bhumi Sukha

............

My tires screech as I hit the brakes, realizing that I was about to pass the house. The smell of burnt rubber wafts up my nose as I exit the car and unlock the front door with my set of house keys.

I rush inside and quickly stomp up the stairs, knowing that no one was here to hear me make this much of a ruckus. I land on the second floor and run to the door that leads to the room that I share with Riley. I rush into the adjoining bathroom and quickly uncover the duffel bag that gold all my paints and nozzles.

As I lift the bag up, quickly put the tile back in its place and glance at my watch, taking note that I was officially 5 minutes late to the dreaded meeting with Dragon.

'I'm in so much trouble. Dragon hates tardiness... just like Mrs. Black.' I shiver at the thought of the very strict math teacher.

Suddenly, I snap out of my daze as I realize that just standing there does nothing and am quickly put back in panic mode. I leave the bathroom in a haste, grabbing the gun from my drawer as I make my way outside to the car that Ms. Love (yes that's actually her last name), the owner of the orphan home, provided for me when I was learning to drive.

I jump into the small and quite old car, slam the door shut, and floor it to the meeting place. I try going as fast as I can, while still not surpassing the speed limit, and try not to panic at the ticking clock going on inside my head. I'm at an intersection, halfway to the old abandoned warehouse that is now labeled as our meeting place, when my light turns green.

I continue driving towards my destination, when out of the blue, I hear a loud car horn. I look to my right, to see a car twice the size of mine, barreling towards me. I try to swerve out of its way, but am too late. The car slams into the right side of my car and I feel the world turning and spinning when everything around me goes black.

The last thought in my head being, 'I'll finally get to see you K. I'll finally get to apologize.'

...........

Welp, there goes Kara. I'm just kidding! I can just look oh the main character! The story isn't even 1/3 of the way finished! Anyways, don't forget to please vote and comment. It really makes my day. And with that I hope y'all have a great day or night, depending on when you're reading this!
~Bhumi Sukha