Chapter 1 (New)

Summer

Summer. The time where one relaxes in the sun and kicks back with friends and family by the poolside or the beach, just soaking in every single drop of both water and the sunshine now that there's no school to worry about, no homework to turn in and absolutely nothing to do but enjoy and take a vacation. That is if you live in such a place where that's a simple enough thing to do. Summer is the time when people come together to celebrate another year of school finished, to celebrate a new beginning and a new year and most importantly, only have to worry about how they'll have fun for the next few free days until the crazy kicks in again. The time when we get to sleep in late in the relaxing summer peacefulness without a single thing to disturb your slumber.

"Audry, if you don't get out of that bed I am so gonna drag you by your little brown haired head and throw you down those stairs!" My sister Cameron screams at me from my bedroom door.

"Oh, don't tire yourself," I reply pulling my sheets up higher. "I'm sure the highness herself has other things to do. Like, say, put in more hairspray? Don't get close to any fires, Cammie!"

"You're such a pain in the ass, Audry!" she snaps at me.

"Yeah, well sometimes you can be a five letter word for a female dog. In case you don't know, it starts with B and ends with itch."

"That's it!" Cameron comes into my room and rips off my covers. She grabs me by the waist and pulls me out of my bed, not caring when I hit my head on my nightstand. I kick and struggle to get out of her grasp as she drags me by my armpits towards the bathroom in my room. Her fingers are digging into my arms and the more I fight her, the tighter her grip gets. I must have underestimated just how strong she actually is.

"Let go of me!" I scream at her. I kick to try to get my feet under me but Cameron just keeps dragging me which makes it pretty much impossible.

"No, I'm late and it's all your fault!" she replies.

"Hey, I'm not the one who got grounded for sneaking out to meet up with Romeo." I reply.

"Shut up! It's your fault I got caught."

"Oh, excuse me for being born with a bladder." I had accidentally walked into Cameron's room late at night on my way to the bathroom since the door to mine locked itself again. I saw someone climbing out her window and pretty much freaked out and a few minutes later I was listening to her being scolded and grounded while I did my business in the bathroom. Good times.

"Well, you don't have to be so nosy with every little sound you hear that goes bump in the night." she snaps at me. The closer we get to the stairs, the nervous I get since I know she'll drag me down and not even care if I get hurt in the process. She's a maniac I tell you.

"Oh yeah. Next time when it's two in the morning, I'll just announce my presence. 'Hey, if you're a serial killer, just use the front door. I'll even unlock it for ya! And don't forget to take some cookies home, it's a freaking family recipe!'" I reply with my voice rising as I continue to try to get out of her death grip on my arms.